+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change background image of RiftWindow?

General of Telara

Default Change background image of RiftWindow?

I'd like to replicate the look of the Dimensions window using the existing ingame assets, i.e. have the nice wooden background instead of the dark granite (or whatever it is supposed to be) texture.

Now I can just add the wooden texture to RiftWindowContent element, but the problem is that the title bar has these "cut-outs" where the grey texture still is visible, which looks odd.
    I've tried all kinds of tricks, like parenting the texture to the RiftWindow itself, the RiftWindowBorder or the RiftWindowContent, played with the Strata and layer values, but whatever I do, it either renders ontop of the title bar or not at all.
    Does anybody know a way to compose the title bar properly with a custom background like in the Dimensions window?

Alternatively (or additionally), a window with the look of the "Dimension Items" window that lists all placed items would be great too.

Telaran

If I remember correctly the dimension window with the wooden backgrounds comes disassembled in the form of a handful of .png.dds textures. Grab Imhothars texture viewer, fire it up and open the dimension window. That should give you all the textures you need to create your own window.

It should give you the file names of the title bar, the left and right side bars and the bottom bar. All you need to do then is align them around your own background and you have a unique window.

General of Telara

I tried that, but I couldn't find all the parts. The only window frame I found was the one with the ornamental title bar that "normal" Rift windows have, and if I understand correctly, that one has a "random" file name that may change with every patch/hotfix, so I can't even use it directly.

Telaran

Ops, sorry about that. The only addon I've built (am building) is a minion addon so I have to use unsafe texture names. I started march 1st and so far none of the textures I've used have changed name. You could also find the unsafe textures, then take a screen shot and cut out what you need in Photoshop or Gimp or any other image editor, and then load it from the local addon folder.

+ Reply to Thread