+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 Rex for fix on KALERT disappearing after dying

Default 3 Rex for fix on KALERT disappearing after dying

So for past year or so raiding my kalerts go missing after a wipe. I would always have to reloadui to get it back but it's starting to get real old. I know about the trick about selecting yourself then the boss but that doesn't always work for me. It's especially annoying when I have to reloadui midpull if I die.

I was wondering if anyone know how to fix this or willing to help me for 3rexerinos.

Thanks

Rift Disciple

try setting up gadget buff bars to track your buffs instead of kalert. That doesnt have the kalert Problems.
    Aloyra- -Mage- -Last Dawn- 9/9 + 2/2 HM | CoA 4/4 Hm + 2/2

Quote Originally Posted by Hundreds View Post
    So for past year or so raiding my kalerts go missing after a wipe. I would always have to reloadui to get it back but it's starting to get real old. I know about the trick about selecting yourself then the boss but that doesn't always work for me. It's especially annoying when I have to reloadui midpull if I die.

I was wondering if anyone know how to fix this or willing to help me for 3rexerinos.

Thanks
    Do they disappear or does the set just switch when you wipe?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCoqaLot View Post
    try setting up gadget buff bars to track your buffs instead of kalert. That doesnt have the kalert Problems.
    I'm too use to kalert and too stubborn to change to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Do they disappear or does the set just switch when you wipe?
    They disappear, and sometimes only some of the kalerts disappear. It happens when I die in a expert or raid but not PVP.

Have you tried updating the AddOn?
    Have you tried reinstalling it?
    RIP RIFT | <Transcendent> | Stream | [AddOn] PullTimer
    Trions business plan ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kapnia View Post
    Have you tried updating the AddOn?
    Have you tried reinstalling it?
    Yes I've tried both.

So it turns out that this happens due to an error detecting combat when you get res'd. The easy way to fix this from happening is just to uncheck "combat only" on your kalerts. If they vanish aside from this reason just target yourself and then target whatever you were targeting before and they will be pristine again.

Xeero@Greybriar - Mage - REKT | Zerostar@Hailol - Warrior - Coriolis | Zerotrix@Greybriar - Mage - Crayons

P.S.

You can just mail my rex to me. Thanks bro.

Xeero@Greybriar - Mage - REKT | Zerostar@Hailol - Warrior - Coriolis | Zerotrix@Greybriar - Mage - Crayons

Quote Originally Posted by TheZero View Post
    So it turns out that this happens due to an error detecting combat when you get res'd. The easy way to fix this from happening is just to uncheck "combat only" on your kalerts. If they vanish aside from this reason just target yourself and then target whatever you were targeting before and they will be pristine again.
    I told you I tried the targeting yourself and then target already. But IRC I also did the first method you said too. But we'll see.

Last edited by Lifeismystery; 03-27-2015 at 02:28 AM.

Plane Touched

I have been using kalert since almost the start of my first character and am very comfortable using it but have had the issue mentioned in this and fortunately, more often than not, it is fixed by targetting self and then the boss. On other occasions I have needed to go into edit layout on kalert to fix it but like the OP, it is not really an option mid-fight.

A switch to gadgets buff will be a large undertaking for me (multiple characters with multiple roles) so how exactly does gadgets:buffs compare to Kalert? What are the pros and cons (from a user perspective rather than the marketing blurb)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaltai View Post
    I have been using kalert since almost the start of my first character and am very comfortable using it but have had the issue mentioned in this and fortunately, more often than not, it is fixed by targetting self and then the boss. On other occasions I have needed to go into edit layout on kalert to fix it but like the OP, it is not really an option mid-fight.

A switch to gadgets buff will be a large undertaking for me (multiple characters with multiple roles) so how exactly does gadgets:buffs compare to Kalert? What are the pros and cons (from a user perspective rather than the marketing blurb)
    Well talking to xero he said to remove all "combat only" kalerts. I think that fixed it but I won't know until we go in to raid on monday.

Rift Chaser

Do all of your kAlerts stop working, or just the ones that track your self buffs?

Plane Walker

Yes I think you if you have alerts for combat only it bugs... I have all mine unchecked and just have to click self after res for them to come back.
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Any other offers for someone to update kalert?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast