+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: [Super Meter] Soon to be [RGM]

Default [Super Meter] Soon to be [RGM]

Hi all.

Yes its been almost 8 months but im back

I have begun compiling a new addon from scratch that will replace 'Super Meter'.

The new addon will be smaller, smarter and use less resources than before.

RGM - Rift Game Manager

> Full combat parsing with combat logs for players, and an absorb to heal converter.

> Player, player pet, group and group pet combat detection.

> Instance sync for addon data sharing with units out of event range.

> Programmable cast bar, which can display specific ability/spell names only.

> Programmable buff/debuff tracker, Hopefully will add alot of options such as 'In combat only' etc.

> Extra friendly user interface with options to disable features.

> No addon library requirement, all code needed is self contained.

Features may start more simple at the start of the addon launch, And may be improved over time.

Addon is currently being built with 'Super Meter CPU Monitor' enabled, This allows me to see efficiency of codes used. Due to this it may take a while before the addon is totally complete as I am aiming to make the resources needed to run the addon in full as small as possible.

I will add posts of parts that are completed and then start to put out betas for testing.

Default 07/09/2014 - Uk standard

Event engines are built all data is being recorded @ 0.00022% AVG CPU usage per unit.

Moving onto: Absorb converter, Addon sync and Player logs.
    Last edited by Ferather; 09-07-2014 at 06:46 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Some of the planned features are looking very good

Still using SM so welcome back.

Will you be using the same UI as you had in SM? I hope not because it wasn't really good imo. SM is a great dps meter but Rift Meter has a much better UI.

:: Zyrre :: Zyrres ::
    :: Last Dawn ::

Yes the UI will be completely different from 'Super Meter's', It will hopefully use less frames and therefore less resources, It will also be more like 'Rift Meter' yet still maintaining simplicity.

The UI will be less mouse command based and more menu driven, with a separate and more full options menu and mini menu.

What is the ETA on that? I always supported your efforts (donated long time ago too) so you can imagine my excitement reading this
    Architect of <Apotheosys> :: Progress & Achievements
    Raid & Guild Leader of (former):

<Exploit> : Ultane World 1st, Regulos World 2nd // <Rift Runners> Crucia World 3rd, Perfect Crucia World 1st, HK Conq W#3, Laethys/Maelforge W#7 // Member of <PTW> Akylios W#5th

I like the look of the features you have listed, welcome back I look forward to this.
    "The difference between stupidity & genius is that genius has limits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ferather View Post
    Yes the UI will be completely different from 'Super Meter's', It will hopefully use less frames and therefore less resources, It will also be more like 'Rift Meter' yet still maintaining simplicity.

The UI will be less mouse command based and more menu driven, with a separate and more full options menu and mini menu.
    Woot! For this, no offense but I decided on Rift Meter just because I hated the UI of Super Meter. It is getting long in the tooth tho hasn't seen an update since January. I often see it's memory use shoot through the roof unless I remember to clear data now and then.

Actually had a question about dps meters in general really. Rift Meter and Super Meter generally report the same numbers, I've ran them side by side quite abit deciding which to keep. However, Simple Meter which I know is 3 years out of date, (but many people seem to use it still), often reports very different numbers usually abit higher, when I see someone do a report with it. I trust Super/Rift Meters much more specially since they are always in sync.

Does it matter at all what you have your combat log set to show? Should it be set to show everything?
    I wouldn't think it would but, wanted to know for sure.

Very good news, keep the good work up !
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Shield of Telara

Looking forward to this.

Default 14/09/2014 - Uk standard

[Answer to question]

I work full time and have limited days to program. So maybe a few months for a full release.

[The Good News]

> Dodge, Miss, Parry and Resist events will now have thier respective damage types updated.
    > Added a data cleaner for combat exit, [RGM] will remove unused, useless stored data.
    > Changed the way user filter operates, Filterd data no longer impacts performace.
    > [RGM] uses up to 88% less resources to gather event data than [Super Meter].*
    > [RGM] has a new combat detection system which responds faster than before.*
    > Added an event > combat system for: Damage, Dodge, Miss, Parry and Resist.
    > Added pet > owner and group combat start/updating.

* And possibly the best in any addon

AVG CPU cost is @ 0.06% for 12 units.
    Last edited by Ferather; 09-14-2014 at 08:01 AM.

Plane Walker

Default Defiler Links

Any plans to try to calculate the absorbs done through Defiler Links in the new version?

Shadowlander

Any idea to show "Interrupts" or Cleanse ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferather View Post

Well shucks... UI is the whole reason I use SM instead of RM. Well, that's not entirely true. I find SM much easier to use.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhumble View Post
    Any plans to try to calculate the absorbs done through Defiler Links in the new version?
    * Edit [29/09/14] - [RGM] collects intercepted damage differently to [Super Meter], a relevant mode that will display specifically damage to self via damage intercept is included. A converter is no longer necessary.

Defiler links are intercept ability's that re-direct damage from target > caster, Intercepts should never be considered a heal or be converted into one.

Quote Originally Posted by Skilled View Post
    Any idea to show "Interrupts" or Cleanse ?
    > With this one I will need to look over the API again, Tracking dispells and interrupts correctly is nearly impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    Well shucks... UI is the whole reason I use SM instead of RM. Well, that's not entirely true. I find SM much easier to use.
    > Don't worry you should find the new UI is easier to use than [Super Meter].
    Last edited by Ferather; 09-29-2014 at 02:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast