+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for Trion Devs...

Default Question for Trion Devs...

The other day our guild did FT. When we fought Zaviel my Karuulalerts did not work on the "Run..." phase. I found out later that neither did the main healer's. Of course we wiped. Next try our lead called out all the alerts for the team just to make sure everyone was able to move as needed for this fight.

We succeeded taking her down, but the fight was buggy. The second set of conducers never popped, Zaviel just went to the next phase of the fight without stopping.

However, my question is based upon this discussion. Please note concerns listed on page 14 http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...ml#post4860783

Why can't alerts work even when we pop to another shard or come out of a wipe without major issues? The suggestion for those folks that are still on their home shard was to "reloadui" between encounters just to make sure the alert is reset.

But it is problematic in open world events. So apparently these alerts fail when you leave your home shard. Some examples are: randoms when you find yourself porting to another shard where volan pops or the IA sent you, or your raid group ports to for major regional bosses.

My guess is that this may be an issue with just karuulalerts and not with the addon system itself.

I have never had an issue with any addons not working when moving between multiple shards.

Also, keep in mind that raids have for a LONG time moved you to a different shard when you enter the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    We succeeded taking her down, but the fight was buggy. The second set of conducers never popped, Zaviel just went to the next phase of the fight without stopping.
    This is not a bug, it is just that you out-DPS the fight.

However, my question is based upon this discussion. Please note concerns listed on page 14 http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...ml#post4860783
    For this concern, I am pretty sure it perfectly works. The shard in the path is the shard where your character is from, nothing to do with cross-shard visiting. Simple proof: disconnect (or /reloadui) while being on a different shard than your original one, the add-on system will not save the variables in a new directory for the shard you were visiting.

Why can't alerts work even when we pop to another shard or come out of a wipe without major issues? The suggestion for those folks that are still on their home shard was to "reloadui" between encounters just to make sure the alert is reset.

But it is problematic in open world events. So apparently these alerts fail when you leave your home shard. Some examples are: randoms when you find yourself porting to another shard where volan pops or the IA sent you, or your raid group ports to for major regional bosses.
    Hum, I never had such a problem. I have not played for two months though so something might have got broken in between. Mind checking your add-on version and updating it if necessary.

+ Reply to Thread