+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ability.costPower non-integer?

Default Ability.costPower non-integer?

Several raid and personal buffs in this game lower power cost of abilities by 5% or 30% or a fixed amount. I'm trying to figure out the exact energy cost with several of these active at the same time. Would it be possible to do using Inspect.Ability.New.Detail.costPower? Or maybe somebody knows? I assume power costs in this game are non-integers, and costPower currently returns a rounded number. Would it be possible for it to return the exact number?

Also, does anyone know the Warrior's power recharge rate per second? 12.17/s is my best current approximation ATM.
    The seeing, the true seeing, that is the heart of sword-play.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Why do you assume they'd be non-integers?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

There's much rounding going on and I assumed it's a display only on the user's end as the rounded numbers are quite different than the unrounded ones. It could be that the numbers are not rounded, and that would have some interesting effects. Mainly it makes the first 5% reduction more important than otherwise, and the second one less important, in the case of a Warlord with Ready Posture and Living Energy.

It also raises the question whether or not Power is an integer, and if it's not what's the duration between Power regeneration ticks.

Do you happen to know if Power works in integers?
    The seeing, the true seeing, that is the heart of sword-play.

+ Reply to Thread