+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Only able to do 3 full auction scans?

Soulwalker

Default Only able to do 3 full auction scans?

To reproduce:

Enter the following in LuaPad, with the auction window open of course.

Code:
    Command.Auction.Scan({
        ["type"] = "search",
        ["priceMin"] = 1,
        ["priceMax"] = 100,
      })

print("success")
    This will do a simple full scan. If you run this three times you will see 3 successes... but a 4th time results in an error about "incorrect function usage" despite the parameters being the exact same each time.

On closer inspection though, by adding the "index" parameter I am able to avoid the error popping up. My guess is that there's a throttle for full auction house scans, but this is not properly reflected in the error or documented anywhere else?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

There is indeed a throttle, yes. I think there's a few cases where a throttle can be detected client-side, and the API tends to just throw "incorrect function usage" for things like that.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

Thanks, I guess that confirms what I suspected. BTW, really love the documentation on your website, it's really helpful!

Plane Touched

From the documentation:

Code:
    Command.Auction.Scan
            Function documentation:
                Requests an auction house scan.
                If "index" is omitted then this function will error if the "auctionfullscan" queue is not ready.
                Otherwise, this function is subject to the "global" command queue.
    You can use Inspect.Queue.Status to check the auctionfullscan queue.

As you've observed, it starts with a limit of 3 full scans, which are consumed each time you scan without the index parameter, and replenished every 10~15 minutes. Note this isn't documented, and, as an implementation detail, could be changed without prior notice.

+ Reply to Thread