+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kiwi

Thread: Bag move failed

Default Bag move failed

Hi,

I made an addon for a dimension I was working on, which I want to amend to load items from the bank/vault. It seems to be loading from the vault Ok, but every time it needs to place an item from the bank I get a 'Bag move failed' message on screen. Testing shows that it is able to locate the item in the bank, just not physically place it. The code I'm using is no different from that used to place an item from the vault, which works fine. Any ideas?

Thank you.
    GALUHAD
    CSTM - Faeblight (RP - NA)
    Dimensions: Elven Retreat | Floods of Isengard (PvP)
    Twitter | Twitch | YouTube

On further testing, I moved all the items to my vault, and still got some errors.. interestingly only on items where there was just 1 in the stack. When I removed all the stacks which had just one item in them to my bags, the process ran fine. I tested this on my bank as well, and worked. So for some reason, the problem seems to be caused by single stack items.
    GALUHAD

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Dude its been implemented in Dimension Tools already its beginning to feel like you are just copying the work we have done which is a shame as months of dedication has gone into this and I hope the good spirit of this project isn't overshadowed because we have been able to implement it live.

I love encouraging ideas and community projects but this is odd.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-01-2014 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Dude its been implemented in Dimension Tools already its beginning to feel like you are just copying the work we have done which is a shame as months of dedication has gone into this and I hope the good spirit of this project isn't overshadowed because we have been able to implement it live.

I love encouraging ideas and community projects but this is odd.
    I use dimension tools, and it really is a great addon. Love it, makes so much stuff easier. I haven't used Galuhad's Dimension Snapshot yet, but at first glance, it appears to do one thing that Dimension Tools doesn't, which is save structure you built, without having to manually shift-click every item in that building. It works on a radius instead, and will basically blueprint everything you have built within a certain area, so you can place it again with only a couple of clicks, instead of possibly 100's to save a large build as a set. If that functionality is already in Tools, sorry about that, but i didn't see it

From what i can tell, the sole purpose of his addon is to take care of one feature that was missing from Tools, and his addon doesn't duplicate any functions that Tools already handles. Maybe you guys could help each other out, and collaborate with ideas, and maybe even combine the two?
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by rakasha681 View Post
    From what i can tell, the sole purpose of his addon is to take care of one feature that was missing from Tools, and his addon doesn't duplicate any functions that Tools already handles. Maybe you guys could help each other out, and collaborate with ideas, and maybe even combine the two?
    My reference here is to the bag thing nothing mentioned about snapshots though thanks to Dimension Tools a lot of what can happen now can take place including copying and pasting entire dimensions not just a limited number and in this case also using items from vaults/banks and not just bags.

As far as collaborations go we have a lot lined up already and have never been approached about such nor do time frames allow much else as we prepare for more features. We have a solid team.

I understand Galuhad being passionate about such things knowing he tried to update toolbox and couldn't complete it but with the amount of effort on this end also courtesies are always good.

The clicking every item at once feature is in the works we like to ensure whats working now is and introduce new features alongside Trion news ie PvP Dimensions.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-01-2014 at 07:07 AM.

I'm sorry this is how you feel Kiwi. I have absolutely no intention of re-writing Dimension Tools so please do not fret. I use that addon myself, and it does the job brilliantly. The sole reason for my addon was to move an entire dimension from one location to another, something I could not see manageable in Dimension Tools without needing to manually select every item. Even with the version I'm using (v.1.3.0) I do not see such an option, so perhaps it could be made more obvious? Anyhow, I don't want to take away any limelight from Dimension Tools. I wrote Snapshots for myself and decided to share it. I have no intention to add any further features. It is what it is and that is all.

For what it's worth, Dimension Tools do not own the monopoly on Dimension add-ons.
    Last edited by Galuhad; 04-01-2014 at 08:18 AM.
    GALUHAD

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    For what it's worth, Dimension Tools do not own the monopoly on Dimension add-ons.
    Having an opinion doesn't mean I am trying to "own" anything it is not in my favor to ever think so or everything I am doing is a waste of my own time. I am also not this insecure however I will ask something considering efforts being made - do with it what you like but don't turn my word into a negative one thinking this is what I actually think for you are wrong.

You approached me here, in whisper, in public channel and were not satisfied with my answer and instead of allowing us to fully implement something even though I gave you this info you are behaving like it doesn't exist. Your Rift UI - no thanks given to anyone account highlights this and those who understand Add Ons get this.

I have always encouraged community projects and will continue to do so.

You approached me here, in whisper, in public channel and were not satisfied with my answer and instead of allowing us to fully implement something even though I gave you this info you are behaving like it doesn't exist. Your Rift UI - no thanks given to anyone account highlights this and those who understand Add Ons get this.
    What are you talking about? I asked you in the public channel if Dimension Tools were adding such a feature and your response was that you could not tell me. I have not asked you here or in whisper, or if I have then I'm sorry but I don't remember. I understand I could have waited to see if such a feature would have been added, but that would have meant holding off on the dimension I wanted to finish. Writing addons is something I am familiar with (not necessarily with Rift but in general), so I took the route I deemed to be the quickest, which was to write my own.

As I said before, I do not plan to expand it beyond what it is.
    Last edited by Galuhad; 04-01-2014 at 09:09 AM.
    GALUHAD

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    What are you talking about? I asked you in the public channel if Dimension Tools were adding such a feature and your response was that you could not tell me. I have not asked you here or in whisper, or if I have then I'm sorry but I don't remember. I understand I could have waited to see if such a feature would have been added, but that would have meant holding off on the dimension I wanted to finish. Writing addons is something I am familiar with (not necessarily with Rift but in general), so I took the route I deemed to be the quickest, which was to write my own.

As I said before, I do not plan to expand it beyond what it is.
    I think in your excitement and enjoyment you forget the whispers asking me questions regarding DT leading up to the revelation of your add on. I can understand how exciting these things can be, it makes me smile seeing anyone get passionate about things in game and out. My concern was why you haven't acknowledged DT Toolbox or anything knowing you could not do these things without this evolution and seeing you ask about things that have been implemented in DT is what creates this concern.

On a public forum where we can all see these things people will ask questions including me, kind of the whole idea of having forums. I don't have any further concerns.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-01-2014 at 09:34 AM.

I think in your excitement and enjoyment you forget the whispers asking me questions regarding DT leading up to the revelation of your add on.
    I think you are mistaken. The only questions I've asked regarding DT were in the channel concerning the ability to save entire dimensions.

My concern was why you haven't acknowledged DT Toolbox or anything knowing you could not do these things without this evolution
    The API for dimensions is not so difficult that I couldn't figure things out for myself. The addon I wrote is simple, it takes the players coordinates, matches items within that radius by the x,y,z placement and the stores it as part of a lua table. All of which are very straightforward API calls.

and seeing you ask about things that have been implemented in DT is what creates this concern..
    I have only ever asked for three things 1) If DT were going to add the ability to save entire dimensions (way before I even started writing snapshots). The answer I got was that I couldn't be told. 2) In this thread, which concerns an error when taking items from the bank/vault, and 3) A request for a 'dimension' identifier within the zone details.
    Yes, 2 & 3 are apparent in DT but I wanted to include the options in snapshots as well. The addon can play up when used outside a dimension which is why I wanted to restrict it, and the idea of moving an entire dimension requires the need for as much storage access as possible - hence the need to use bank space.

There was another piece of code I wrote which deals with some item placement, which I used to form a circular wall around my dimension. The code was emailed to Kikimora about a week ago to use if wanted for some future DT updates. So please understand, I am not trying to do anything to compete with DT. Snapshots will only ever be used for capturing entire dimensions.

Now the purpose of this thread is to highlight a potential bug when taking items from the bank, so please IM me if you want to discuss anything else further so this thread can stay on point. Thank you.
    GALUHAD

RIFT Fan Site Operator

First of all: Nothing anyone had done allowed the pick of an entire dimension (capacity wise). You know this, anyone who has used dimension toolbox knows this so it isn't "simple."

Second of all: You didn't have to send Kikimora anything we already had it on the table.

Third thing: That was not the only question you asked me and nothing you asked me was to do with any "add on" other than that one question - I do remember telling people I felt like you were picking my brain though.

Now I have better things to do than to draw this out but I'm just not going to sit and watch you pretend you are coming up with a ton a things of your own then have somebody suggest a collaboration when we did exactly that with a team of people who have been working hard along with other add on makers.

I am glad DT lit a fire under you and we have seen a lot more of you since and wish you all the best.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-01-2014 at 12:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread