+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Completely different item type strings for same item in bags vs other windows

Rift Disciple

Default Completely different item type strings for same item in bags vs other windows

The value for the second parameter of the Event.Tooltip callback, which should be the item type of the item, is giving completely different values for items in a characters bags vs the same item in the auction house window.

For example, the artifact "Men Here":

In auction house: IFE1658DE4BB16B09,DC7D0CC57151BCAD,,,,,,
    In bags: i035300002F7B8C99

Why was this changed? Is there any way to map from the bag id to the other?

item: An item, represented by either a standard identifier with an 'i' prefix or a slot.
    itemtype: An item type, represented by a nonstandard identifier with an 'I' prefix.

item ID with small i refers to certain instance of the item with stack count and all, while type just tells what the item is, not which one of them.

local item = Inspect.Item.Detail(itemID)

gives you all the details of certain i starting item, and the field 'type' (that is, item.type) would be the item type with big I you're looking for

Edit: Bit more digging to documentation

Event.Tooltip

Event documentation:
    Signals that the tooltip has changed.
    Event.Tooltip(type, shown, buff)
    Parameters:
    • type: The current tooltip type. Valid values include "ability", "buff", "item", "itemtype", and "unit".
    • shown: The blob describing the new element shown. Generally, some kind of identifier used in another part of the addon system.
    • buff: The ID of the tooltip's new buff. "shown" will be a unit in this case.

That is, the first parameter "type" will tell if the type of the second parameter is, in your case, "item" or "itemtype"
    Last edited by Alisu; 03-07-2014 at 06:14 AM.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'"
    Shishira, Shalindra @ Typhiria

Rift Disciple

Did this change in the last patch? Tooltip callbacks for items in bags used to give the item type string for the 'shown' parameter.

Quote Originally Posted by dOxxx View Post
    Did this change in the last patch? Tooltip callbacks for items in bags used to give the item type string for the 'shown' parameter.
    Inspect.Tooltip() for items in bags always gave the item ID, not the type ID.

I never used the Event.Tooltip so cant say what it did or didnt do, but if it gave itemtype IDs on actual items, then I wouldnt be surprised that it was changed to be consistent.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

+ Reply to Thread