+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Addon Authors Top Requested API features

Default Addon Authors Top Requested API features

So today on the Live stream daglar answered a few questions I had on if we would be getting more priority on addon API development. One of the things he mentioned was to give him a top 5 list of the most requested features.

So I would like all the other authors to post what they consider to be their top 5 features they would like to see added to the Addon API. I'll take those lists and compile them into a single list and take the top 5 (by most listed) and send it to daglar in a PM.

So for me these are my top 5 features I would like to see:

1. Chat API
    2. Mount API (ability to actually see which mounts someone has)
    3. Keybind API
    4. Better secure mode handling (this has been thoroughly discussed, but nothing implemented)
    5. Soul Tree API

Warfront information and accolades!!!!
    Better information for combat events such as absorbs and drains!
    Even free cost too much now

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I would say:

#1: Working text entry objects (TextField has problems, they are known.)
    #2: Chat API.
    #3: Debugging. There's a lot of issues (especially to do with messages) right now.
    #4: Better tools for interacting with the base UI. Like, a way to respond when the user hits escape and no text fields have focus. Ways to show or hide frames.
    #5: Keybindings so we can actually make working button bars.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Shadowlander

Order may be a bit iffy, it shuffles around depending on what I wanted to do at the time.

#1) Chat API
    #2) Crafting API
    #3) Soul Tree API
    #4) Command.Tooltip placement
    #5) PTS Credit purchases not tied to live account to allow for testing new credit only things.

Rift Disciple

#1 Artifact info API: which artifacts a character has collected, in which sets. Also, a better way of identifying whether an item (e.g. in a character's bags) is an artifact.

#2 Custom Frame Events: Extend the new user-defined events system to frames so that an addon can emit custom events such that they appear to be coming from a frame. This allows for library addons which define new types of UI elements to provide relevant events (e.g. a List widget which provides an ItemSelected event).

That's all I got for the moment.

- Keybindings (though in order to make functioning action bars, something in the handling of secure frames need to change, else we wouldnt be able to replicate the hotbar 1 pages [which I use frequently] in combat)

- Things already in game that do not give complete information to do so (Inspect.Item.Detail I am thinking of specifically, but Inspect.Quest.Detail is another one I can think of)

- Some event that indicates when a player is changing zones (Start and End). So we can turn off processing for some things

- A chat system API

- An event for when items go on/off cooldown (or have Event.Item.Update fire for this)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

Chat System API, granted it also lets us see the game messages. It's frustrating to be able to check if a console gets various kinds of messages, like loot and experience and so on, without being able to get that actual data.

More data to the currency event, though if we got the game messages that would solve it for the purpose I need it.

Correct data to detail queries, like Quest details. currently, if you're not on the quest they report at least the rewardMoney incorrectly and some data not at all. Also the details never have item type for required quest item, the closest thing to work with is name, and items can't be searched by that.

Way to see user's mounts and pets and collected artifacts. Or more simply said, way to see user's collected items. Currently they seem to be more or less invisible.

Keybind API
    Last edited by Alisu; 02-22-2014 at 02:01 AM.

The top three I'd like to see:

- Keybind API
    - Soul Tree API
    - Chat API
    Roles - A convenient menu for changing roles, equipment, and wardrobe

Champion

From a personal point of view for my addons:
    • Bug fixing all the small things not working perfectly (like Textfields)
    • Flesh out the Inspect.XX.Detail functions to deliver all information missing and included in the discovery export files
    • Make the information of the discovery export files available in game
    • Key bindings
    • Better ways to work with the default UI (replace default frames)
    • Improved secured frames handling to make things less a PITA

From a generic point of view in order to have some people do addons I'd like to see:
    • chat api
    • crafting api

Cheers
    N.

Plane Touched

# Being able to set Command.Tooltip position, saner tooltip events
    # Collectibles API
    # Being able to hide or replace Native frames
    # Being able to determine if a set of coordinates returned by the API refer to Mathosia, Bravane/Dusken or something else
    # Some way to add overlays to the map and minimap frames without needing to guess zoom and player position ourselves, player heading would be nice too
    # Crafting API

# Command.Inventory.SellAllGrayItemsToTheRIFTStore
    Last edited by Baanano; 02-22-2014 at 10:33 AM.

I'm changing my top 5 a bit

1. Chat API
    2. Ability to query weekly caps (how much the total cap is and how much you have earned for the current week)
    3. Mount API (ability to actually see which mounts someone has)
    4. Keybind API
    5. Better secure mode handling (this has been thoroughly discussed, but nothing implemented)

Plane Walker

I mentioned this in IRC, but I would just like to add that my top request would be to fix some bugs that have been around for a while. Event.Item.Update (with regard to bank vaults), item tooltip bugs (i.e., item tooltip placement), etc.

Otherwise, for new things, I'm sure others in this thread will express my thoughts well enough

I mentioned this in my earlier list but I'd like to emphasize. There has been listed Mount API, that is, to be able to see what mounts the user has and I quite understand it since they are the most used collectible, as well as an Artifact API. However I'd much like to see instead a collectible API, much with the same functionality, to cater all the collectible types which make a disappearance act once "collected", as far as item listing functions are concerned. Mounts, minipets, artifacts, books and characters own dimension keys come to my mind.
    Last edited by Alisu; 02-24-2014 at 04:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread