+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Command.Message.Send acting up?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Default Command.Message.Send acting up?

Specifically: I can't get it to work at all anymore. Every addon message I'm able to get to work seems to be a Command.Message.Broadcast.

I'm also noticing some strangeness with Storage.*, because I appear to be unable to do storage queries except on guildies or people immediately near me.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Okay, did more testing.

Command.Message.Send(...) => never, ever, produces events on the recipient's end, that I can tell.
    Command.Message.Broadcast('tell', ...) => same
    Command.Message.Broadcast(other_type, ...) => works normally

Also I can't get Command.Storage to work for anyone who's not in my guild or immediately next to me.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

I've been experiencing the same issues. Command.Message.Send hasn't worked for me since 2/12's patch, and Command.Storage has been intermittent with each hotfix.

Soulwalker

Same here, is there no other way to send private messages between addons?

I think Zorba just mentioned a probable fix for this in Hotfix #8.

Hey man, am I not able to receive Command.Message.Broadcast sent from myself??, like do i need someone else to in order for me to debug/test it ?

Cheers
    Last edited by Zanderfied; 06-06-2014 at 10:52 PM.
    Synergy - Enhancing the PVP community!
    ezPvP Statistics - On-screen PvP related tracker.

I think you do in fact need two characters to do that. Rift is pretty good about running a second client, except that you have to make sure it's using an interface dir in the program directory for that to work right now. I've suggested to the Glyph launcher people that they make a way for Glyph to launch Rift with an alternative rift.cfg file, so you can point the same install at two different addon directories.

+ Reply to Thread