+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BananAH not detecting Dream Ribbon

Soulwalker

Default BananAH not detecting Dream Ribbon

My BananAH doesn't add Dream Ribbon. The dropdownlist next to Reference price isn't showing anything, i can't manually set a price either.
    Tried Resetting it, didn't work. Dream Ribbon seems to be the only thing where i have this problem.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I don't know. I have a weird problem with "Recipe: Marvelous Blessed Augment", but haven't resolved it yet.

I do think there's something busted with dream ribbons, as they're showing up under recipes.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by LyaZaviel View Post
    My BananAH doesn't add Dream Ribbon. The dropdownlist next to Reference price isn't showing anything, i can't manually set a price either.
    Tried Resetting it, didn't work. Dream Ribbon seems to be the only thing where i have this problem.

Does anyone have a fix for this?
    Last time I saw that addon on Curse.com it said the developer person stopped making updates for it and whatnot. that is probably why there is nothing for the current patch
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
    Last time I saw that addon on Curse.com it said the developer person stopped making updates for it and whatnot. that is probably why there is nothing for the current patch
    I can try to look at the code sometime when the game's up. And yeah, the original dev has been too busy to play lately.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Plane Touched

This should be fixed on the latest 0.4.15 version, and the issue that caused it will show annoying warnings but work, in case it happens again on future patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Baanano View Post
    This should be fixed on the latest 0.4.15 version, and the issue that caused it will show annoying warnings but work, in case it happens again on future patches.
    Thanks a million for this, just came back to the game last week after a hiatus and found one of my favorite addons no longer worked... and now it does!

Cheers.
    what is this I don't even

New artifact categories seem to have busted it as well. Can't set prices, can only right-click undercut if someone is already selling the item.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

That's pretty easy to patch. Add "artifacts" to the top-level category list, then the six artifacts categories below the same way the other categories work.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    That's pretty easy to patch. Add "artifacts" to the top-level category list, then the six artifacts categories below the same way the other categories work.
    Thanks a lot, Seebs - that was really helpful! I didn't know that this info was stored in a regular textfile you can configure yourself. My gf will be especially pleased to hear about this - of the two of us, she's the one selling artifacts by the hundreds.

To elaborate on Seebs' fix for those who are not programmers:
    • Open Windows Explorer, find the folder where Rift is installed
    • Navigate to the following sub-folder: <your Rift folder>\Interface\Addons\BananAH\Misc
    • (as a quicker alternative, you could also click the addon button on the char selection screen, then click on "Open Addon Directory", then find the above folder from there)
    • Use any text editor to open the file "Categories.lua"
    • In the top level of the categories list, add an item "artifacts" in the children section, like so (only add the bolded red text, the rest of the line already exists:
      Code:
      [""] =                                     { name = "All",                  parent = nil,                     children = { "armor", "weapon", "planar", "consumable", "container", "crafting", "misc", "dimension", "artifacts"}, }, -- LOCALIZE
    • Still in the CATEGORIES section, add the following block of text below the last line of the dimension sub-category (i.e. below "dimension landscaping plant")
      Code:
      	  ["artifacts"] =                          { name = "Artifacts",            parent = "",                      children = { "artifacts normal", "artifacts twisted", "artifacts unstable", "artifacts bounty", "artifacts other", "artifacts fishing", }, }, -- LOCALIZE
      	    ["artifacts normal"] =                 { name = "Normal",               parent = "artifacts",             children = nil, }, -- LOCALIZE
      	    ["artifacts twisted"] =                { name = "Twisted",              parent = "artifacts",             children = nil, }, -- LOCALIZE
      	    ["artifacts unstable"] =               { name = "Unstable",             parent = "artifacts",             children = nil, }, -- LOCALIZE
      	    ["artifacts bounty"] =                 { name = "Bounty",               parent = "artifacts",             children = nil, }, -- LOCALIZE
      	    ["artifacts other"] =                  { name = "Other",                parent = "artifacts",             children = nil, }, -- LOCALIZE
      	    ["artifacts fishing"] =                { name = "Fishing",              parent = "artifacts",             children = nil, }, -- LOCALIZE
    • Save the file "Categories.lua"
    • Now log into Rift to find the new categories added to your Post tab on BananAH

Soulwalker

Default Broken again

It's broken again in the latest patch. If only someone could fix it... where's my hero?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Neruda View Post
    It's broken again in the latest patch. If only someone could fix it... where's my hero?
    Go to your Bananah\Misc folder and edit your Categories.lua file.

Change this section of code (line 147 for me):

["artifact"] = { name = "Artifact", parent = "", children = { "artifact normal", "artifact twisted", "artifact unstable", "artifact bounty", "artifact other", "artifact fishing", }, }, -- LOCALIZE
    ["artifact normal"] = { name = "Normal", parent = "artifact", children = nil, }, -- LOCALIZE
    ["artifact twisted"] = { name = "Twisted", parent = "artifact", children = nil, }, -- LOCALIZE
    ["artifact unstable"] = { name = "Unstable", parent = "artifact", children = nil, }, -- LOCALIZE
    ["artifact bounty"] = { name = "Bounty", parent = "artifact", children = nil, }, -- LOCALIZE
    ["artifact other"] = { name = "Other", parent = "artifact", children = nil, }, -- LOCALIZE
    ["artifact fishing"] = { name = "Fishing", parent = "artifact", children = nil, }, -- LOCALIZE

Notice I've made all the "artifacts" singular.

Also change the first line of the structure, line 19

[""] = { name = "All", parent = nil, children = { "armor", "weapon", "planar", "consumable", "container", "crafting", "misc", "dimension", "artifact", }, }, -- LOCALIZE

Again, I changed "artifacts" to "artifact".

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerenae View Post

Again, I changed "artifacts" to "artifact".
    My hero!

+ Reply to Thread