+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moving frames

Default Moving frames

I have in plans to make a pie menu kind of abilitylaunching addon, which gives ring of abilitybuttons around the current location of the mouse. However there seems to be a lot of "restricted" around when it comes to moving frames and casting macro commands. (which I assume is the only way to cast abilities from addon?)

So, is it possible to do aforementioned kind of addon at all? Is it possible to do but it won't work in combat?

Also, related to another addon I have in mind, I take it there is very little to be done to figure out the source of currency change? I even found out a way to see if console receives related messages but no way to actually receive the messages.

The only way to cast spells is indeed to assign them to a frame event as a macro.

This works in combat perfectly fine, within the restrictions - the two big ones being:

You will not be able to change what spell is cast from clicking a button if you are in combat.

You will not be able to change the visibility of the frames if you are in combat - if they are visible when you enter combat, they can stay visible and be usable, but you will not be able to hide them again until you leave combat.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

Thanks. Since at least for my own use I'm more interested about noncombat use, such as stashing mounts, dimension keys, long time buffs and such to be easily usable, I can simply skip the combat use, but I just realised the inability to disable them in combat might still present a problem. When the system moves to restricted state, is there some kind of event where I can react to before getting the lock. Say, I was looking through the menu in the middle of the screen when some random mob attacks me, can I disable the menu on such event? (that is, in the split moment when the system is going to lockup)

Edit: to clarify what I ask, the documentation for Event.System.Secure.Start says restricted things can't be done after the event completes. Are the events just sent as flags, after which those who've hooked them can act? Or does everything that's hooked an event work during that event, and the event "completes" after everything that's hooked it has been run?
    Last edited by Alisu; 02-14-2014 at 04:16 AM.

Yes, there is - from my EZRebuff addon:

Code:
    function EZ.Event_System_Secure_Enter(h)
    	EZ.UI.ctx:SetVisible(false)
    	EZ.UI.secctx:SetVisible(false)
    	EZ.UI.control.mouseDown = false
    end

Command.Event.Attach(Event.System.Secure.Enter, EZ.Event_System_Secure_Enter, "Event.System.Secure.Enter")
    There is also a Secure.Leave which will fire when you drop out of combat once more.

EDIT: You need to do everything you need to do that you cant do in combat during the event handler for the event - so if you need to hide things, you must do it at that point.
    Last edited by Adelea; 02-14-2014 at 12:36 PM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

Thanks.. Now to tackle the whole other myriad of frame stuff. While I'm not completely new to addon making (though it was not for Rift) I've never touched to the visual side before.

+ Reply to Thread