+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any idea when there will be an update to the API?

Default Any idea when there will be an update to the API?

I know Zorba is busy with the optimization update (if Trion hasn't "restructured" his job), but I was wondering if or when we could expect to see any updates?
    Even free cost too much now

None expected in the foreseeable future, zorba is busy with making the rendering engine better (last I heard) and the addon API seems to be a rather low priority for trion.

Though zorba did hint that he might try to get some addon updates in that are quick and simple changes from his end, when he has time. So we may see little bits and pieces here and there.
    Last edited by Noshei; 02-10-2014 at 09:52 AM.

That's kind of what I expect. It would be nice to know a general time period in which we could possible see some updates though
    Even free cost too much now

Soulwalker

Too bad there's no way to make the API development open source. We could write our own changes and submit them for approval. Would be less work for Trion and we'd get some great stuff that way.

Probably no way to do it without revealing all sorts of game internal code. I wonder if they'd allow volunteers to work it if they signed an NDA?

+ Reply to Thread