+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tracking absorbs by player

Default Tracking absorbs by player

Does anyone know of a way to track the amount of damage absorbed by shields that a player has cast?
    Basically if there are two purifiers and I want to know how much damage absorption purifier A is responsible for.
    Even free cost too much now

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I don't think it's possible, because we only get a single total absorb number, and we can't tell how that happened in cases with multiple partial shields up.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

That's kind of what I thought. Looks like the closest you can get is to track buffs and assume that any damage absorbed is the player's shield

Ascendant

There is a DPS meter that tracks absorbs. It's super meter I think? I know its NOT simple meter.
    \

Super Meter is what you might want.
    • Absorb to heal tracking and converter

simple meter still has the same draw back that seebs mentioned, it has no way to accurately say which shield actually absorbed damage when there are multiple shields on a target.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Super Meter is what you might want.
    • Absorb to heal tracking and converter
    This is for an addon I'm writing, but thanks!

so I am fairly sure that absorbs work on a first in first out priority system, but I'm not sure if partial absorbs are factored in differently for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    so I am fairly sure that absorbs work on a first in first out priority system, but I'm not sure if partial absorbs are factored in differently for that.
    Yeah me either. I might have to write something just to see if I can find out.
    I'm also going to see if I can figure out a way to track resource drains....ugh.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    simple meter still has the same draw back that seebs mentioned, it has no way to accurately say which shield actually absorbed damage when there are multiple shields on a target.
    While this is true for specific damage per shield, you can see the effect of YOUR shield in Super Meter as Riane said above. It is calculated in HPS
    Last edited by Reticularize; 01-25-2014 at 02:42 PM.
    \

+ Reply to Thread