+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Are there any UI art assets you want?

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Are there any UI art assets you want?

Hi Addon Developers!

I'm the Senior UI Artist on RIFT and wanted to offer my help to you. Are there any UI art assets that you guys would want and would help in your development of addons? Buttons, backgrounds, icons, etc. Is there anything I could provide such as PNGs or JPGs that you want from the game?

Reply here and I'll see what I can do.
    Amber Alexander - Producer - RIFT

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Oooh! Yes!

Hmm. The stuff that would be most useful would be most useful if it were made available through the SetSkin stuff in the existing API, but. Things that would be useful include:

* All the various buttons (like the extra buttons on the minimap).
    * The round-button shape.
    * The "indented" forms of the various buttons.
    * Both the old green Rift buttons and the new pink ones for SL.
    * The rectangular backdrops that go behind character names/classes on the character select screen.
    * The bag backdrops. And I'm not sure whether those are just being scaled for different sizes of bags, or they're different things.
    * The icons for the various menu items.
    * The backdrop from the main menu.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

PNG > JPG. Always.

Also. Nyancat button plz =^.^=

@the_real_seebs
    Most of those images are already in the datafiles and can be ripped from there...I THINK they are mostly .dds

I think the #1 UI asset that users request of us is the character portrait on the player unit frame, as well as the ones on other unit frames.

This is by far one of the most requested features I have seen.

I also believe the credits icon is not available to us in game, at least not the simple one on the currencies screen.

Plane Touched

My wishlist:
    • Map tiles
    • Radio button assets (if they exist)
    • Tree menu assets (like the item category selector on the AH window)
    • Additional window backdrops
    There are also a lot of interesting textures that we are advised to avoid because they have autogenerated names that might change without notice. A slash command to write to disk textures whose name we know would allow us to get and use them without your assistance.

Plane Walker

I don't want to sound mean (or troll), but to be completely honest, the biggest help you could personally provide to addon developers would be to help put pressure on "the powers that be" to assign more work time on fixing bugs and adding features to the addon API. In other words, we really need Zorba back working on our stuff....he's been busy on other things for a long time now...

Of course, this is a personal opinion. I certainly do not speak for everyone. And, I certainly do not want to sound ungrateful for your offer. But, that's how I feel. Addon developers can add *so* much to this game if we just had some bugs fixed and a few new features.
    Last edited by Aelorean; 01-04-2014 at 06:12 AM.

Not directly for add ons but, I'd like to have different color options for the dialog boxes, especially that yellow story dialog box. For my old eyes (I wear tri-focals) those are very hard to read w/o enlarging th UI to the point my buttons are falling off the screen and, doing that every story quest to read, then putting it back is a hassle.

Even if you offered us an "Old Eyes" theme we could choose that made the cyan background dialogs a bit darker and made the yellow one say chocolate brown or darker instead, I'd buy it in the in game store if I had to to get it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Baanano View Post
    My wishlist:
    There are also a lot of interesting textures that we are advised to avoid because they have autogenerated names that might change without notice. A slash command to write to disk textures whose name we know would allow us to get and use them without your assistance.
    This would be something I would love. Currently Outfitter still has to have a resource folder for in-game images. I'm of course currently experimenting with seeing how long the auto-generated names will work but having access to all the character sheet icons/images through the API would be lovely!

Depending on free-time/apathy-level Ill see what I can rip from the datafiles...although it would be much easier for say, a dev, to just find the files and make them public on the ftp =^.^=

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I mentioned the buttons to Zorba in IRC, he says to talk to him about how to get those in. There may be additional complications for some of the buttons. Anyway, here's a huge list of things I found, most of them buttons or button-like things or things we'd use in making buttons:

* The six big buttons for the main menu bar.
    * The icons next to items in the menus from the main menubar (like the hex icon for "planar attunement", or the house icon for dimensions).
    * The currency, search, and auto-sort bag buttons.
    * The four buttons on the minimap window, including the greyed-out forms if they exist (which they do for + and -).
    * The various overhead icons (the vault over bankers, bag-with-coins over vendors, the questgiver icons including both faction-colored PvP icons and the purple world-event quest icons, plus all the other specialized ones I haven't thought of. blue and red books for trainers, barber icon, house icon for dimension vendors, and so on).
    * The little icon that appears next to mob names if the mob will start a carnage.
    * The greyed-out and not-greyed-out forward/back arrows on the AH window.
    * The little square with an arrow in it used for pop-up menus like the sort toggle in the AH window.
    * The window backdrops for the main menu and the bag/currency window, as well as the main action bar.
    * The window backdrops for things like special vehicle action bars.
    * The bag window backdrops, including both the normal ones and the blue-green ones used for bank windows.
    * The locked-out bag slot icon.
    * The slightly transparent glossy overlay put over icons in button bars, slots, and so on. Like, if you drag an item, the icon for it doesn't show that sort of glossy grey-white sheen towards the top of the square.
    * The rounded-corners border put around items or icons. If those are just being tinted for colored borders, then just the one, otherwise all the different colors of it.
    * The bag window backdrop. In all the different colors.
    * The soul tree window backdrops for each soul.
    * The little quest icons that show up in quest dialog windows. And all the other dialog option icons, like the word balloon for chat, the circle-with-line for unlearning, the blue and red books...
    * The little quest icons (greyed out, glowy, blue-with-white-checkmark) from the quest tracker.
    * The round button backdrops (as opposed to the icons) for the main menu buttons.
    * The glossy white overlays that go over all those round buttons.
    * The little colored circles, with and without checkmarks, for the loyalty bar.
    * The thin-bordered window frame thing used to show the effects of a loyalty tier.
    * The same window frame as seen in quest windows outlining rewards offered. The one with spiky corners. Er. I words good?
    * The borders used on the login screen interface.
    * The lock icon used on things like locked vaults. (The grey one, rather than the red one used for the locked bag slots.)
    * The crystal icon used for planar charges.
    * Not an art asset as such, but the thing that's used for portraits in unit frames would be super handy to be able to place in player-created frames.
    * The word-balloon button used in the chat windows.
    * The down arrow icon blow the chat window scroll bar. (And the corresponding up-arrow if one exists.)
    * The plus icon used for chat windows.
    * Incriminating photos from the company christmas party that addon authors can use to blackmail people into giving us features we want.
    * The little triangle with lines in it at the lower-right of each chat window.
    * The frame borders of regular, elite, and raid unit frame portraits.
    * The little icons for things like "you have mail" from the "social tray" or "alert tray".
    * The rift loot bag window/icon/button.
    * The quest-loot-bag window/button.
    * The various window backdrop/background textures, which I think there are quite a few of.
    * All the minimap icons. A lot of these are probably icons which are also used elsewhere, but the SL teleporter looks different to me.
    * The various color palettes used for things like hair color, skin color, etcetera.
    * The round button with a plus in it used to select a different hair color set.
    * The round button with a swoopy back arrow in it for "revert", both greyed out and active form.
    * The round button with two thin arrows (left/right) used to select between all-checked, all-unchecked, and default.
    * The sell grey items button.
    * The gift box button.
    * The word balloon image used for NPC chat text that's being displayed in a bubble over their heads.
    * Various map symbols like the invader and rift symbols, although I can't imagine how those would work since they're animated.
    * Instance portal icons, porticulum icons, foothold icons, the round ones used for quest hubs, the little castle ones, the ones that look like stonehenge monuments, etcetera.
    * The actual map textures used to display the maps and minimaps.

That said: As a general rule, I'm betting a whole lot of "round green buttons" are actually a round green button, an optional texture to put in it, and a glossy overlay to go over that. Getting the round green button and all those textures would do it.

While I'm talking about the UI:
    * I want a way to make chat windows ACTUALLY opaque, not "opaque fading to translucent". Sorta worked around with an addon, though.
    * I want a way to mark a chat window as not needing the little chat button, and thus unreserving the extra line and a half of space at the bottom. Also making it so that scrolling in that window won't implicitly move my chat window focus to that window. Ideally, I want the option of having such buttons in more than one window, or just in one window. Most importantly, I want to be able to remove it from the combat log window forever.
    Last edited by the_real_seebs; 01-04-2014 at 06:43 PM.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Telaran

It would be great if you could make the complete world maps available on the ftp site.

If mr Gingers is still looking at this thread, oh yes. Could we get all the relevant backgrounds/backdrops used in building most of the dialog windows. For my personal use I'm looking at the building blocks of the macro edit window. But in general, the whitish background which seems to be bottom graphic of every window compartment, maybe as background of some scrollview widget. Then the darker backdrop which gives the image of depth to a content of the window, and the darkgreyish background which seems to be in every textfield kind of frame.

In short, I want to make my dialog windows as pretty as the native windows, but I need something to build from. Due most of those graphics being half transparent getting them out of screenshots is sheer impossibility

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

Quote Originally Posted by Alisu View Post
    If mr Gingers is still looking at this thread, oh yes. Could we get all the relevant backgrounds/backdrops used in building most of the dialog windows. For my personal use I'm looking at the building blocks of the macro edit window. But in general, the whitish background which seems to be bottom graphic of every window compartment, maybe as background of some scrollview widget. Then the darker backdrop which gives the image of depth to a content of the window, and the darkgreyish background which seems to be in every textfield kind of frame.

In short, I want to make my dialog windows as pretty as the native windows, but I need something to build from. Due most of those graphics being half transparent getting them out of screenshots is sheer impossibility
    Yes Ms Gingers is still looking at this thread and it is on my To-Do list. Currently creating UI for 2.7 takes priority so I can't promise when I'll be able to get these assets to you but it is on my radar.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    Yes Ms Gingers is still looking at this thread and it is on my To-Do list. Currently creating UI for 2.7 takes priority so I can't promise when I'll be able to get these assets to you but it is on my radar.
    New souls confirmed for 2.7?

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    New souls confirmed for 2.7?
    I can confirm that the soul icon art is completed, when they will be revealed is not up to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast