+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Associating a quest item with it's quest

Soulwalker

Default Associating a quest item with it's quest

So I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to associate a quest item with the quest it belongs to through the APi. I've gone over the data returned by Inspect.Item.Detail (for a quest item) and Inspect.Quest.Detail, and I'm just not seeing an obvious link.

The default UI can obviously make the association (as it shows the item button next to the quest in the quest tracker), but I'm not sure if it's exposed to user made addons.

Soulwalker

So partial answer to my own question:

It seems this data is available in the discovery data dump. I still don't see where it's natively available to an addon, but I can write a tool to build a Lua DB of quests and their items from the discovery XML dumps.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I believe that information is indeed missing in the API.

Huh. A gnome tank who works on addons, seems coherent, and actually posts the helpful followup rather than "nvm found it delete this lol". I wonder whether I know you from somewhere.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

Maybe? I wrote a couple of passingly used WoW mods.

Update on the data:

I have the tool written and I've produced a DB file from it. It's ~205kb for all the quest/item associations, so not terrible. I could probably cut a few kb off by being even more aggressive with the minification code in the generator, but this works for now.

I'll probably toss the generator up on GitHub at some point this weekend.
    Last edited by GnomeTank; 12-21-2013 at 06:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread