+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Vako

Thread: Some well needed UI API support & In-Default UI Addon Options

Default Some well needed UI API support & In-Default UI Addon Options

I would like to request addon support for the Map/Minimap that would allow me to redesign, or replace the minimap and add features to the main map seamlessly. Chatbox API support to replace the chatbox with a custom, more robust chat system, with fade in and fade out technology, seamlessly. Support for replacing the default bags with a bag addon, with more robust options. As well as all options for addons to be accessed within the default UI, as in if you open up Options for the entire game, you should find an Addons section, then click on the addon name, and the addon options are in there - allowing for a quick shortcut to be added to each addons own user interface to quickly access it, but having the addons section specifically for peace of mind so users know that things are ORGANIZED.

The chatbox, minimap, action bar and buttons and default bags design I never liked in the UI, but I love everything else. (e.g the art concept in it, and the artwork in the health bars, and various other bars etc...)

Maybe even add support for a UI replacement theme switcher, so you can switch between multiple layouts/themes for different characters/roles, without cluttering things up, and organizing it in the correct place, under Options > Themes/Layout. Maybe even add a more user friendly setup for that by allowing users that don't know how to code, or don't have time to learn but already know how to design things, to create their own layout in Photoshop, create the correct file type for the images, and place them in a specific folder for the game, and choose those images to replace the ones on the default UI - to make their own custom UI, without much effort from the users end - and a Trion hosted webserver for people to auto upload from within the game, their layouts/images with them, so others can use them - and get them straight from the website, or from within the launcher before booting up the game.

I would also like to request a feature for dynamic usage. So that each UI element will only show up when you need it, and has an options menu that can be configured by the user to determine all of the options for it, and maybe provide a basic framework that all addons could use to put their options in the actual menu on the UI, ya know where all the buttons are that lets you choose UI elements and stuff - there should be a button in there somewhere, that lets you get to an Addon Configuration section, and should also be able to get to it by pressing Esc too.

That's all I have for now. This is for discussion, request and for a hopeful response from someone within Trion that can possibly give word or whether or not this is something we 'Might' get eventually.

I use to be a web and graphic designer, and I'm OCD - so that's where all this came from.

If I found it important enough I'd create some custom layout/theme designs and mockups to show off what I'm talking about - if it's needed and requested by enough people to help make this make more sense to you, then I will.

Best regards,
    Vako

Would like to see as well.

I'd even be happy if we can just reskin the default UI elements. They all have buttons I don't need on them. Can't recall having a desire/need to use arrow buttons to change my main action bar. It's irks my OCD I can't put extra actionbars in nice, skinned boxes.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

i'd like to show my full support for this idea.

the map/minimap/ui has been without good modding/addon support for way too long.

I wonder if they're ever going to update the API. They make UI changes, they did with the last update, but they didn't update the API. I wonder why they don't care about 'every aspect' of the game... just what is played most. Not everyone does exactly the same thing. They should be focusing on improving every aspect of the game, not just the ones that are most used, or played by the most people (raiding, and RIFT Store, currently most supported features by developers). I have been waiting since the game came out, to be able to replace every element on the UI, with something custom. If they're not going to update it any further, at least allow support to replace the default bags, and fix the tooltip bug when using replacement bag addons. I am a patron, and that means nothing either, other than money in the pocket. I don't see the game being tended to the way it deserves like a pay to play game gets. I know patron isn't the same, but it still should be an incentive to care about the game a little more than they do. I miss the good ol' days, back when there was a lot of excitement still there.

Completely support this

+ Reply to Thread