+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EPGP Addon Help

Telaran

Default EPGP Addon Help

Hi, to start, I've never really dealt with any of this programming stuff and I'm looking for an EPGP type addon. I've found ConsortiumEPGP which is basically what I'm looking for however it lacks the ability to save and/or sync with others running the same addon (that I am aware of). I've also found FSLoot which is the same interface, has a upload and refresh function, but deals in DKP instead.

I have been fiddling with the lua files and the interface works (all the buttons do what they should), however the refreshing has become problematic. I don't really know how to explain things, other than to give someone with better knowledge of programming the code or show SS. Essentially what is happening is only one person is being stored and refreshed whereas anyone else, upon refresh, either disappears or their numbers get all messed up (e.g. the EP gets added to their GP and their name turns into their role number i.e. mage=2).

I added 123 EP to myself and a friend. Mine stays fine upon refresh however his gets added to the 100 GP, his role number (warrior) gets moved to the EP slot and then things kinda go awry from there.

If someone can offer assistance that would be great and I can list the code in future post. Thanks.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reatus View Post
    I'm looking for an EPGP type addon. I've found ConsortiumEPGP
    That is my Guild's addon which was "tweaked" by one of our members to work after the original Chimera EPGP broke. There's two versions, one which I, as Guild Leader and Raid Leader use, which is a database of everyone's DKP and the members version which they can "interrogate" me to get their DKP without having to whisper me or ask after every boss kill

It sounds like you might be using the members version which wouldn't be able to hold a Database of anyone else?

I haven't a clue about addons or .lua files but can try and find out

Telaran

Well I know I can upload and others can't (being an officer and all), they can only refresh the stored data. And I've determined that the data is being downloaded and/or uploaded wrong. If there is an officer version of the Chimaera EPGP, I have no idea where to find it .

My programming knowledge is goes back to grade 12 and about 3 months of university wherein I promptly changed majors. And that was in java and not Lua and I barely remember most of it anyway.

EDIT: I've uploaded the file to a fileshare if he wants to take a look. What I'm trying to do is have EPGP functionality with FSLoot's ability to store and refresh the data from guild storage. The Watch epgp-1.9.0.rar
    Last edited by Reatus; 11-17-2013 at 06:21 AM.

Telaran

Nevermind. All is good. Figured it out with likely the worst coding ever, but it works

Telaran

New problem...8 people install addon. 2 people in the same household are getting these errors:

Any time they try to publish to guild storage they get this:

Error: EPGP/main.lua:471: attempt to call field 'concat' (a nil value)
    In EPGP / EPGP.OkButton:LeftDown
    stack traceback:
    EPGP/main.lua:471: in function 'okCallback'
    EPGP/ui.lua:782: in function <EPGP/ui.lua:772>

Any time they try to refresh they get this:

Error: EPGP/main.lua:358: attempt to call field 'gsplit' (a nil value)
    In EPGP / dataReceived, event Event.Storage.Get
    stack traceback:
    EPGP/main.lua:358: in function <EPGP/main.lua:356>

All the code is the same yet only these two people get these errors. New people run the addon fine, but for some reason him and his wife are getting these errors (separate computers).

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Reatus; 11-22-2013 at 09:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread