+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NerfedUtils conflict

Default NerfedUtils conflict

Today I noticed a new type of error in the usual error reports for KaruulAlert.

It seems there is something around called NerfedUtils, which conflicts with LibString (by Imhothar) which KaruulAlert is using:

Code:
    48% of reported errors:
    Error: kAlert/tasks.lua:53: NerfedUtils/string.lua:63: attempt to index local ''s'' (a number value)
    stack traceback: kAlert/utilities.lua:82: in function ''compareVersions'' kAlert/main.lua:665
    Any idea which addon(s) are using this NerfedUtils thing?

Edit: seems Book of the Fallen and more recently Book of the Fallen Reborn are using this at least. Possibly some other addons from NerfedWar, although I'm not sure how many of them still work?
    Last edited by Thorarin; 10-30-2013 at 01:21 PM.

KaruulAlert maintainer/co-author (Curse / Rift UI)

To make it worse, it seems EnKai also redefines string.split

It's not a good idea to define functions into built-in Lua libraries all over the place. At least for LibString it's pretty obvious, not so for these other libraries.

KaruulAlert maintainer/co-author (Curse / Rift UI)

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Thorarin View Post
    To make it worse, it seems EnKai also redefines string.split

It's not a good idea to define functions into built-in Lua libraries all over the place. At least for LibString it's pretty obvious, not so for these other libraries.
    Actually I included alternative methods a while ago but I forgot to complete the change. Thanks for hinting on it. V1.3.8 of EnKai will no longer overwrite any method.

Cheers
    N.

+ Reply to Thread