+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Player direction - facing direction.

Default Player direction - facing direction.

Is there a way to see which way the player is facing? For bonus points - including up / down?

Failing that, is there a way to accurately guess this? Or is there an Addon that does the guessing fairly well?

Shadowlander

It's not something that's exposed to us via the API. You'll have to guess.

I've got some guess code in Resource Radar (Curse) for displaying minimap icons around you that rotate as you move. It assumes that you're generally moving forward. If you strafe or move backwards, it'll be wrong until you move forward again. Feel free to use any code from that if it's useful.

I believe Adelea's using a similar idea in ResourceTracker (Curse).

As for camera angle vs facing, I have no idea how to even start guessing at that one.

I had a go at this, and decided it was too hard. Since sometimes the player would be walking backwards and it's just hard to guess where the player's facing.

Still want this feature. But I'm going to wait for the API update to add this later.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Silir View Post
    I had a go at this, and decided it was too hard. Since sometimes the player would be walking backwards and it's just hard to guess where the player's facing.

Still want this feature. But I'm going to wait for the API update to add this later.
    Same for me. Or declare the addon "NOT FOR STRAFERS AND BACKPADDLERS"

I'd hope Inspect.Player.Detail().Facing or a new Inspect.Camera.Detail() would give me what I want really quick.

*nudge nudge*

+ Reply to Thread