+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weird Addon Error Daily Report

Rift Disciple

Default Weird Addon Error Daily Report

Apart from the usual daily error report about missing files which have never actually been missing, I'm now getting the following errors for the last two days:

80% of reported errors:
    Error: LibSimpleWidgets/layout.lua:1: ''='' expected near ''char(24)''
    In LibSimpleWidgets / layout.lua
    20% of reported errors:
    Error: LibSimpleWidgets/layout.lua:1: unexpected symbol
    In LibSimpleWidgets / layout.lua

1.13.4 is *months* old. Hell, maybe even last year. There was no such text as "char(24)" in the source code. My only guess is that somebody else is modifying the library and the error reporter is sending me the errors.

I'm tired of the spam...

if you look at the actual error report it should tell you exactly what file and line the error is occuring on that should help locate it.

Wym
    Shadowlander

Same thing has been happening to me, for weeks.

I get complaints about "Translations.lua" missing in LibVersionCheck, complaints about "Tomtom_Summerfest.lua" missing in TomTom, and syntax errors in RareDar/raredardata.lua.

Of course, none of these files are (or have ever been) missing from my distribution, and the syntax error refers to stuff that has never been in raredardata.lua.

I can only assume people are messing with the files ("I speak english, i don't need no stinking Translations file", "I don't want TomTom show summerfest locations now the summerfest is over", "Let's see what RareDar does if i enter this or that mob location into its data file"), screw things up, get errors when logging in, tell Rift not to display addon errors anymore, and forget about the whole thing. But unless Trion implements some signature mechanism ("If the checksum of all the files isn't 0x1234, it's not original, stop sending mails about it"), there's not really much we can do.

Rift Disciple

Yeah, I figured as much, Wym. At least I'm not alone!

+ Reply to Thread