+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EventAttach and Detach

Telaran

Default EventAttach and Detach

I am having troubles trying to allow a frame to be clickthrough when not needed.
    I have the frame set up when having a target to:

Code:
    rhud.targetnameback:EventAttach(Event.UI.Input.Mouse.Right.Click, rhud.targetrclickmenu, "RightClick")
    and when no target to:

Code:
    rhud.targetnameback:EventDetach(Event.UI.Input.Mouse.Right.Click, rhud.targetrclickmenu, "RightClick")
    Attaching the event will allow the Command.Unit.Menu to work fine but when using the Detach, the frame still wont clear the mouseclicks. Someone point out what I am doing wrong here please.
    Author of RiftHud, RiftActionbarCooldowns, RunecraftHelper, RiftHealer, and RiftMenuXtra. Can be found at RiftUI and Curse.

Telaran

If you check the EventList is the list clear, it might be a bug.

Perhaps also take a look at setting:
    Frame:SetMouseMasking

If you don't need the frame could you hide it with SetVisible(false) and so it's not even on screen (although that does add more complication to tracking it's visibility)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mere View Post
    If you check the EventList is the list clear, it might be a bug.

Perhaps also take a look at setting:
    Frame:SetMouseMasking

If you don't need the frame could you hide it with SetVisible(false) and so it's not even on screen (although that does add more complication to tracking it's visibility)
    MouseMasking is set to "limited", it allows left clicks through wether attached or detached.

I added code right after the detach:

Code:
    			result = rhud.targetnameback:EventList(Event.UI.Input.Mouse.Right.Click)
    			dump(result)
    returns: {} but still cant rightclick through that spot.

Now...I have 2 text labels attached to that frame that I want to show wether the mouse click is enabled or not so I cant just hide the frame.

I also added that code right after the Attach and I get results so it seems Attach and Detach must be working correctly, the frame just isnt releasing the mouse clicks.
    Last edited by TinnerKB; 08-24-2013 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Additonal
    Author of RiftHud, RiftActionbarCooldowns, RunecraftHelper, RiftHealer, and RiftMenuXtra. Can be found at RiftUI and Curse.

Telaran

Default Snippet

Wrote a small code snippet in my localized LuaPad (fixed all the probs)

Code:
    function testfunc() print("Clicked") end
    testwindow = UI.CreateFrame("Frame", "TestFrame", context)
    testwindow:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", context, "TOPLEFT", 500, 500)
    testwindow:SetBackgroundColor(1, 1, 1, 1)
    testwindow:EventAttach(Event.UI.Input.Mouse.Left.Click, testfunc, "LeftClick")
    testwindow:EventDetach(Event.UI.Input.Mouse.Left.Click, testfunc, "LeftClick")
    result = testwindow:EventList(Event.UI.Input.Mouse.Left.Click)
    dump(result)
    It creates the window, dump results is {} but if you move the screen where the window is over something clickable like a node or an npc, you cannot click through it.

+ Reply to Thread