+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Event.Unit.Detail.Role

Plane Touched

Default Event.Unit.Detail.Role

Not sure how to utilize this event Event.Unit.Detail.Role..

Seebs Documenation appears to be wrong as the parameters in his documentation

Event.Unit.Detail.Role(units)

vs

Event.Unit.Detail.Role(handle, units)

Also, I don't really understand how to relate a Role change event to a role from Event.Unit.Detail.Role(units)

My expectation is that a role change event would indicate to me that my role changed to a role found in Event.Unit.Detail.Role(units)

Event.Unit.Detail.Role(units)

returns a list of roles Key,Name

while Event.Unit.Detail.Role(units) returns a list of "Role Type" (dps/heal/support/tank), and an ID that I don't know what to do with..

How to I tell what Role I am currently in (1-20 or by name) Was hoping the event would give me that ID.

It's unfortunate that role refers to both the role a character plays (tank,dps,heal,support) and to a specific saved set of souls + points.

However, this is what I do in EZRebuff for the soul aspect part of it:

Code:
    function EZ.Event_TEMPORARY_Role(h, r)
    	if r > 0 and r ~= _ezROLEID then
    		_ezROLEID = r
    		if EZRebuff_Settings.roles[_ezROLEID] == nil then
    			EZRebuff_Settings.roles[_ezROLEID] = {}
    		end		
    		EZ.ClearBuffs()
    	end
    end

function EZ.Event_Unit_Availability_Full(h,t)
    	for k,v in pairs(t) do
    		if v == "player" then
    			EZ.Event_TEMPORARY_Role(h, Inspect.TEMPORARY.Role())
    			Command.Event.Detach(Event.Unit.Availability.Full, nil, nil, nil, addon.identifier)
    		end
    	end
    end

Command.Event.Attach(Event.TEMPORARY.Role, EZ.Event_TEMPORARY_Role, "Event.TEMPORARY.Role")
    Command.Event.Attach(Event.Unit.Availability.Full, EZ.Event_Unit_Availability_Full, "Event.Unit.Availability.Full")
    The use of Event.Unit.Availability.Full lets you use Inspect.TEMPORARY.Role() at a point where it should return a valid result.

Then the function that handles Event.TEMPORARY.Role gets as a parameter a number corresponding to the role that has become active.

Note: * Added Inspect.Role.List(). This lets you list the role names that the player has. Eventually, Inspect.Role.Detail() will join this, but that hasn't happened yet. You can find out which role the player *currently* uses with Inspect.TEMPORARY.Role(). Note that their ID schemas are off-by-one compared to each other.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

Plane Touched

Thanks! That worked like a charm.

+ Reply to Thread