+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two questions about native frames

Soulwalker

Default Two questions about native frames

I am tinkering with lua coding and there are 2 questions that I have been wondering about and can't seem to find any information about (although all lua related questions have lots of wow information).

I see addons re-creating frames that already are in the game (unit frames for example) is there no way of changing how the default frames look (changing the original frame not creating new one and hiding old one)?

Second one is, is it possible to find out what frame is what (in wow there is mouse over macro to get the name of currently mouse over frame logged to chat, using ace /print GetMouseFocus():GetName(), there was a way without ace addon though but I can't find it quickly). So if I wanted and could make changes to the player unit-frame how would I find the name of the frame easily?

Hope my questions make sense, and hope it is possible to play with native frames.

ps. took a look at UI.Native and all I saw under there was Events but that might be me not knowing how to operate LuaPad.
    Last edited by asgeiru; 06-26-2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: adding a little bit of spacing

Nope, we can't touch the native frames at all unfortunately.

In WoW, the entire UI was built using the same Lua code that addons use, so we could get in there and mess with things. In RIFT, the two are built in completely different ways and we can't really get at the native stuff.

Gadgets: Unit Frames and Other Stuff for RIFT

Soulwalker

Default Damn

Aww to bad, so that is why many addons load on side of native stuff, bag and ah for example.

Ohh well that explains why I did not find much information on the mater.

Thank you for quick response.

Champion

What you can do is overlay an existing frame or display something along side of it. But that's just about all you can do.

Cheers
    N.

Soulwalker

Default Thank you

Will take a look at that, thank you.

+ Reply to Thread