+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cooldown Text Addon

Default Cooldown Text Addon

I'm looking for an addon that will put cooldown text overlay on the abilities on my action bars, similar to the WoW addon, OmniCC: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/omni-cc

I'm not a fan of things like PowerAuras. I don't like visual queues. I prefer a countdown text overlay on the abilities themselves. Does something like this exist for Rift? I've checked sites like Curse and RiftUI and couldn't find anything. Maybe I overlooked it. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Only thing close enough would be to utilize KaruulAlert. You'll create a new alert and check "Ability" so you can just see if a cooldown is ready or not. I created a quick one that is just for when 'Nyol's Hope' (example) is on cooldown. Added the ability name, Nyol's Hope, and checked it as 'cooldown.' Set it to use 'Default Image' and then for the icon Opacity, I set it to 0 since you don't need to see it (since your ability bar displays it.) I also resized it to .70 to match my UI--you'll want to adjust this according to yours. Play around with it to find the perfect size.

I then checked the Timer and left it as default (inside the icon, centered) and changed the font color from white to black so I could see the countdown. Adjust the text size as necessary (my example is size 20.)

Saved the alert. Then go to "Edit Layout" and move the icon over the ability you want to track.

Here's what my quick examples looked like:
    http://i.imgur.com/Jkku1Jr.png

Code:
    KA:Test:aSxKgeNo1TsEKgzAU+5XddpprrVrhnWRatosHcTdBqu22B6WVtRf/fl3HCAQSQhKgMMJ
    m5K7fkINI6Hdnjv5wdZuGRoiyrSkvat6VTcspkJQhEQM+ArQyyPN0v01yQYNhn3F11k9e24BWm9N
    LS4P2OS/aaoVrQGfnJVPKA2WMRcoLYCyrfkQyHovh0vVjNwCFtEOAkfhy/Nv5V1XphPgAQV44uA

Downside: You have to do this for every spec and abilities you want to track.
    Last edited by Riane; 05-28-2013 at 03:38 PM.

I saw KaruulAlert before and wondered if it could be tailored to my needs. It'll take alittle more effort than what I'm used to, but if it's the only thing available, I guess I'll have to find the patience to set it up. Thanks alot for the info.

Soulwalker

Can this not be done via the API?
    -tgwaste

Soulwalker

Looking into this. It seems there is no way to examine the Bars. Without that its impossible to know which ability is in which slot. This is quite disconcerting as there are UI elements for these bars (ie: UI.Native.BarMain). That seems quite useless if I cant first examine the Bars contents.

I suppose I could have the user set which ability is in which slot via a Menu system, but ... you know.. gross.
    Last edited by tgwaste; 08-30-2013 at 05:13 PM.
    -tgwaste

+ Reply to Thread