+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on Item Access APIs

Soulwalker

Default Question on Item Access APIs

I'm currently working on an addon that requires some knowledge of item types, etc. What I'd like to be able to do is access whether an item is equippable, if so, where it's equipped (i.e., one-hand, two-handed). Additionally I'd like to be able to pull its stats. I read through the documentation, but so far I can only seem to access the internal item name from the id.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Anything useful in the item category stuff? I don't remember looking for this, but there's a few things there which might be usable flags.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

The item category stuff mostly deals with slots. (I'm unsure what they mean specifically by slots, but it's certainly not use-able information.)

Inspect.Item.Detail(itemtype) should give you most of what you're looking for. The category text tells you (most of the time) where it's equipped. Whether an item is equippable needs a bit more logic, like comparing level/faction/calling/etc requirements against other sources.
    Author of the Imhothar's Bags addon.

Soulwalker

Well, I actually just meant equippable in the sense of, 'a player can potentially use this.' I actually only need a few types, but thank you for the info.

+ Reply to Thread