+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: New gathering addon

Shadowlander

Default New gathering addon

Despite nearly no feedback from the community, I decided to go ahead with expanding AC to global gathering anyway.

The initial response has been great with many people showing interest in the addon and offering to help map gathering / artifact nodes for it.

If you would like to get involved grab the mapper here:
    http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info...NMapMaker.html

The addon write up and future download location is here:
    http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info...Gathering.html

Planned Features Include:

3D tracking of nodes above / below you (unlike ArtCollector which was 2D)

Ease of use. No maps, coordinates or mapping required (for final users). I am working with the community to map everything ahead of time.

All known nodes hard-coded for all zones - ready to farm out of the box - no loss on client crash.

My unique gravity system plans a much better route than other systems.

Ability to pick and choose a specific assortment of nodes to track. Provided information on skill requirements so this can also be used to quick level gathering professions.

Cross zone Routing - if this doesn't melt clients. Default is current zone dynamically.

Minimal config setup for people who just want to follow the path - works out of the box.

Advanced users have the ability to combine routes for metal, plants, artifacts into one path with or without the ability to harvest and track.

Also adding trade skill support allowing a user to track a crafted item and farm the mats as a result. Example use would be to track the top used raid potions and farm all needed herbs on a efficient route without looking up required mats.

Definitely plan on checking this out. First I've heard of it and it sounds great already. Cant wait to get home and give it a try.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

I noticed your data gathering tool was picking up on enemies harvested as if they were a gathering node. Are you able to identify the difference or do I need to avoid gathering on mobs when I am collecting data?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kerri View Post
    I noticed your data gathering tool was picking up on enemies harvested as if they were a gathering node. Are you able to identify the difference or do I need to avoid gathering on mobs when I am collecting data?
    Yeah as is the API doesn't allow me to check the source of loot (far as I know anyway).

Ideally I would be able to detect when you right click a node, regardless of what you loot. But this is not the case for some unknown reason.

As a result the method of mapping has flaws. A /reloadui will dump the map so I usually just do that and disable the addon when I'm about to do something on the following list.

> rift 'planar' content that might reward me with artifacts
    > harvesting mobs
    > trading of mats or artifacts
    > sorting my bags or any other bag related interactions
    >Crafting ---> but what happens in a main city will be ignored anyway

Due to these limitations, all submitted nodes will be verified before being hard-coded.

Its unfortunate, but it gives me the chance to further classify nodes.

For example the latest feature concept allows for location avoidance. By putting nodes into one of five locations (Deep Water, Shallow Water, Flatland, Small Hill, High Mountain) a player would be able to say "No Swimming" or "No Climbing" when asking the addon to generate a map.

The concept of the mod is speed farming, so avoiding a 5 min mountain climb seems like something I should provide.

Thank you for your feedback and for using the addon. We currently have 8 mappers who have submitted maps. I take in about 1000 nodes a day. Once a zone is solid I will be able to verify it and release it in a beta. Until then I must keep asking people to map as I cant be everywhere and coding the beta at the same time

It's only the gathering of artifacts that would/should be difficult to pin down.

In my ResourceTracker addon, I also collect the locations of gathering nodes - but I do this with:

Code:
    function RT.Event_Map_Add(h,e)
    	for k,v in pairs(Inspect.Map.Detail(e)) do
    		if ResourceTracker_Settings.tracked[v.description] and RT_ACTIVE then
    			RT.ShowMessage(v)
    		end
    		local res = RT.ALLITEMS[v.description]
    		if res then
    			local ix = string.format("%d.%d.%d", v.coordX, v.coordZ, v.coordY)
    			if ResourceTracker_Nodes[res][LIBZONECHANGE.currentZoneID] == nil then
    				ResourceTracker_Nodes[res][LIBZONECHANGE.currentZoneID] = {}
    			end
    			if ResourceTracker_Nodes[res][LIBZONECHANGE.currentZoneID][ix] == nil then
    				print(string.format("New Node Location @ %d,%d", v.coordX, v.coordZ))
    				ResourceTracker_Nodes[res][LIBZONECHANGE.currentZoneID][ix] = {x=v.coordX, z=v.coordZ, y=v.coordY, nodes = {} }
    			end
    			local lud = data.LOOKUP[v.description]
    			ResourceTracker_Nodes[res][LIBZONECHANGE.currentZoneID][ix].nodes[lud.k] = true
    		end
    	end
    end

Command.Event.Attach(Event.Map.Add, RT.Event_Map_Add, "Event.Map.Add")
    The Event.Map.Add fires when something new appears on the minimap - then I loop over the items (e).

v.description is the localized name of the thing that's been found (Elm Lumber) - which is contained in RT.ALLITEMS. When I get a hit here, I then store the nodes type (wood/ore/plant/fish), it's location and just what was found there.

This then gives me something like:

Code:
    	{
    		z1C938C07F41C83CC = {
    			["3369.7587.1068"] = {
    				nodes = {
    					[9] = true,
    					[10] = true,
    					[11] = true
    				},
    				x = "3369",
    				y = "1068",
    				z = "7587"
    			},
    		}
    	}
    So, this represents a wood node in Pelladane, at location 3369,1068,7587 - that I have seen Linden, Elm and Madrosa timber at.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

Shadowlander

So you are able to archive nodes simply by catching them on the minimap? ie: mounting thru a zone records data. Or do your users still have to harvest to update?
    Last edited by SinRopa; 04-07-2013 at 09:00 PM. Reason: love

From the minimap (assuming they have the relevant tracking skill active, so that the diamonds appear).

And since its using the coords from the minimap, nodes appear in the same place - and your location data isnt skewed by exactly where the player is standing.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

Going to keep an eye on this, looks interesting and possibly quite useful.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Adelea View Post
    From the minimap (assuming they have the relevant tracking skill active, so that the diamonds appear).

And since its using the coords from the minimap, nodes appear in the same place - and your location data isnt skewed by exactly where the player is standing.
    Well I cannot believe I missed this. I have missed about a year of patches while I was away from rift and its API. Thank you so much for taking the time to enlighten me.

Rift Chaser

Very nice addon. I can't wait to see where this goes, and hopefully the data is available for others to use in their addon.

Shadowlander

This sounds like a phenomenally helpful addon. What about butchering materials--hides and bones?

Also, some mobs can be mined or foraged and their locations might be handy to know when someone needs skill-up points, so while these could be omitted because they're not 100% on drop-rates, I'd rather like a choice to include them when desired, if it's possible to have any customization like that. Those mobs might not be the go-to place for collecting a specific crafting mat (although in some cases, they're more efficient than looking for rarer mats) but for leveling gathering, they're golden.

Thank you for being the mastermind for this ambitious endeavor, Sin.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Catbriar View Post
    This sounds like a phenomenally helpful addon. What about butchering materials--hides and bones?
    Thanks for the feedback. At the moment the mapper only records stationary nodes on purpose.

As I intend for this addon to be all things crafting, I do intend to add mob loot in the future. How that will be implemented is still up in the air. The tracking system is designed to visit static nodes fast.

As it evolves I will come up with some sort of killing queue or something based on what you intend to craft (assuming you shared this info with the addon ahead of time)

Considering a "Quest like" system where you could say queue up 10 items to be crafted and the progress would be updated on loot. Everything still needed could be auto tracked including mobs to kill and their appx. locations.

The alpha is usable if anyone wants to see how this works. Foraging and mining are implemented in 9 zones. Once I'm happy with the map it will go into beta with (hopefully) a better UI. Need to implement fish and artifacts yet but still working on mapping those.

Is this just going to be for World 2 (SL) or will it also include World 1 (Mathosia + EI)?

Quote Originally Posted by TehFrank View Post
    Is this just going to be for World 2 (SL) or will it also include World 1 (Mathosia + EI)?
    Looking at the nodes he has already, it appears it will have the old world as well.
    ...∞...
    Nerva@Deepwood

Shadowlander

Goal is to 100% map everything in every zone.

There is plenty of value in old world crafting - dimension items etc. Plus you will usually find that the less populated area's mats sell the best. (supply and demand)

Artifacts are everywhere so I already need to map every zone for them.

... and ultimately I just dont plan to exclude anyone from using a tool that I feel improves the gathering process based on level.

At the moment most zones have <some> data. Its just a matter of filling the gaps as I can. Mappers have done an amazing job so far but everything that gets hardcoded must be confirmed by me manually. Once the mod is in beta ill trace their maps and hopefully map things quickly.

In other news: Going to implement the new menu today. Might add fishing or artifact tracking if the coffee serves me well.

Thanks to everyone who is mapping and giving feedback. Your opinions are highly valued on my end. I do take suggestions on zones to map. If you find it lacking in your favorite area, PM me at www.riftui.com and I will visit that zone more often.

-SIN
    Last edited by SinRopa; 04-19-2013 at 11:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast