+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DoomSprout

Thread: RIFT API Reference Documentation

Default RIFT API Reference Documentation

I started putting together a little website to host some stuff relating to Gadgets and other stuff I'm playing with.

One of the things I wanted to include was Zorba's API documentation. At the moment, this is actually the only thing on the site, but I thought a formatted and up-to-date reference might be of use to some other people.

The site is at: http://portal.wildtide.net/RiftAPI

As ever, it's a work in progress. I need to work on the categorisation of things, and there is information in the documentation that is currently missing (such as whether something can't be used in secure mode), but it won't take me long to get it finished off.

Hope this might be of some use to someone

- Wildtide

Gadgets: Unit Frames and Other Stuff for RIFT

Looks very nice, thanks for your effort.

Telaran

Just an FYI seebs has quite a nice API documentation that he's had setup for quite some time now!

You can find his @ http://seebs.net/rift/live/

I know it all comes down to preference on how the documentation is "laid out" -- but just felt u should know his documentation is out there, also zorba regulary updates the API documentation via a pastebin, but at this moment i forget the link for that!
    Last edited by 0dine; 03-09-2013 at 09:43 AM.

I was using that before but ill switch to DoomSprout's now because it looks better ;)

Btw under Category/Command you are missing many commands.

Quote Originally Posted by marodeur View Post
    Btw under Category/Command you are missing many commands.
    Yup, they're not missing, they are just under the category that the command relates to. For example, Command.Console.Display is under Console.

The Command.Event.* commands are there because my bit of code that does the categorisation treats things with "Event" in the name specially. I'll have to tweak it to create an Event category for those.

Quote Originally Posted by 0dine View Post
    Just an FYI seebs has quite a nice API documentation that he's had setup for quite some time now!
    Aye, I've been using that for ages as well.

The only reason I created mine was because I want to add functionality to let us extend the base documentation in a sort of Wiki style. I also want to add more stuff to my site over time, and this was an easy place to start.

And finally... I wanted to play with Twitter Bootstrap, and hosting an MVC4 site on Azure with a SQLAzure backend... I like to mess around

Quote Originally Posted by DoomSprout View Post
    Yup, they're not missing, they are just under the category that the command relates to. For example, Command.Console.Display is under Console.

The Command.Event.* commands are there because my bit of code that does the categorisation treats things with "Event" in the name specially. I'll have to tweak it to create an Event category for those.
    Yes i know i found them there. So you will remove the Command category? Just add all other commands there also, so we may see all possible commands at once.
    Last edited by marodeur; 03-09-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Good idea, I'll do that

On a separate note, I've enabled Disqus commenting on categories and details. Not exactly what I'm looking for long term, and it's a bit big and in-yer-face for my tastes, but at least it'll let us start adding comments to things quickly.

If/when I get around to adding my own (more subtle) commenting system, I'll import the Disqus data into it.

Looks good so far. However, I cannot find the Disqus functionality you mentioned?

KaruulAlert maintainer/co-author (Curse / Rift UI)

Quote Originally Posted by Thorarin View Post
    Looks good so far. However, I cannot find the Disqus functionality you mentioned?
    Yep, sorry... I added it, but it kinda spoiled the quick/clean/simple look I was going for, and the delayed AJAX loading made the page bounce around annoyingly, so I removed it again.

I'm adding in tabs (well, pills) for switching between details and comments. Check later on

+ Reply to Thread