+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Addons: Suggestions, Bug Reports, and Other Feedback

Soulwalker

Looks like it's still broken on PTS. Was hoping this was going to be fixed this week.

Guess it's time to detach from the native windows.

1) Inspect.Unit.Detail.Leader
    2) Inspect.Unit.Detail.MasterLooter

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Naifu View Post
    The stats provided by Inspect.Item.Detail always include dreamorb stat. There's no way to find out if an item has a dream orb attached to it and what the stat difference without would be.

Cheers
    N.
    Any chance of separating out dream orbs from main stats?

Default Artifact API suggestions

Hello,
    as answered during the 12/11 livestream, i'm making this post for suggest some API functions i would like to use:
    • Retrieve the list of all collected artifacts on your character - #1 priority

This function could be obtained from than one used when you open up the "Artifacts" label, under your "Character" menu.

It returns a table with two fields:
      set_id - set's identifier
      artifacts_id - list of artifact's identifiers

An artifact's identifiers should be the type field you can see by inspecting the item, because everybody can retrieve that string from Items.xml)
    • Collected-artifact event - #2 priority

This function is needed for not using everytime the previous one
      Basically, it signals that one artifact is added to a character.

It has two fields:
      artifact_id - artifact's identifier (read above)
    • Retrieve the set(s) of an artifact - optional

I've tagged this as optional, because it is possible to use a lua file, parsed from ArtifactCollections.xml

It returns a list of set's identifiers

Default Killshot - Addon (PvP Add-On)

This add-on was on WoW and it probably still is today.

This Add-On was very fun to use, it use to say a phrase after X amount of Killing Blows, so for example 3 - Multikill, 5 - Killing Spree, 7 - Godlike, 10 Holy ****, would someone kill this guy already?

It was indeed fun to have going while PvPing, it kept track of your KBs and you knew where you were at without looking, the last add-on that was something similar to this that I found stopped being updated back in 1.8 and appears to be broken + never used any sound files.

Would anyone who knows how to create add-ons be interested in making this? please do if so.
    From light, comes darkness, and from darkness, light.

It seems that the newish currency called Affinity was not added to the *.Currency.* API at all. no event triggers or inspects for this currency.

Quote Originally Posted by BiotoxGaming View Post
    This add-on was on WoW and it probably still is today.

This Add-On was very fun to use, it use to say a phrase after X amount of Killing Blows, so for example 3 - Multikill, 5 - Killing Spree, 7 - Godlike, 10 Holy ****, would someone kill this guy already?

It was indeed fun to have going while PvPing, it kept track of your KBs and you knew where you were at without looking, the last add-on that was something similar to this that I found stopped being updated back in 1.8 and appears to be broken + never used any sound files.

Would anyone who knows how to create add-ons be interested in making this? please do if so.
    I use Montage's Killing Blow Indicator. The original creator stopped managing it and Ecru/Starplatinum picked it up. Not sure if he has it on Curse, but contact him about it.

It appears that the bounds on UI.Native.Mail have been messed up. Currently the CENTER goes to 0,0 as does TOPLEFT.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the bounds or something with the frame itself.

I'm certain this has been suggested elsewhere, but clinging to hope it may happen, I'm going to request it again.

Would love to see a way to inspect dimensions for their ownership details. At a minimum, OwnerName and DimensionName. Other information would just be a bonus, Level, PlusOnes, PermissionsTable

Or if anyone knows how to get this information already, please enlighten me. There are a couple dimension based add ons I'd love to make that are non-starters without the ownership information.
    Dimensions on Faeblight
    Rajmali: The Soggy Tissue (Gloamwood Glen), Raj's Study (Breach Chamber)
    Lachei: 55 Rue Plumet (Plaza Aurentine)
    Giorn: Tuldio Museum and Library (Edge of Infinity), Chateau Anju (Mathosian Cascades), Sea Breeze (Threesprings), Titan Arena (Shal Korva)

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    It appears that the bounds on UI.Native.Mail have been messed up. Currently the CENTER goes to 0,0 as does TOPLEFT.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the bounds or something with the frame itself.
    The same is true for UI.Native.Character.

EDIT: It's even funnier. UI.Native.Character is linked to the Abilities window. Somebody did a great job in QA

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 05-16-2016 at 06:16 AM.

Soulwalker

I am looking for and/or a possibility to change the Combat Text (I loved MIK Scrolling Combat Text!!!). I know all the add on's that i have found are from the initial opening of the API. So I do not know if Trion has changed that restriction on that so that we can enable/disable the standard text ( i know the location cannot be changed in game) through an addon. If not @TrionDevs Why not?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ScannaIT View Post
    Hello,
    as answered during the 12/11 livestream, i'm making this post for suggest some API functions i would like to use:
    • Retrieve the list of all collected artifacts on your character - #1 priority

This function could be obtained from than one used when you open up the "Artifacts" label, under your "Character" menu.

It returns a table with two fields:
      artifacts_id - list of artifact's identifiers

An artifact's identifiers should be the type field you can see by inspecting the item, because everybody can retrieve that string from Items.xml)
    • Collected-artifact event - #2 priority

This function is needed for not using everytime the previous one
      Basically, it signals that one artifact is added to a character.

It has two fields:
      artifact_id - artifact's identifier (read above)
    • Retrieve the set(s) of an artifact - optional

I've tagged this as optional, because it is possible to use a lua file, parsed from ArtifactCollections.xml

It returns a list of set's identifiers
    Second this one. Was pretty bummed to find out this doesn't exist. I didn't even bother to look if it did beforehand, since it seemed so essential.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ911 View Post
    I'm sorry what am I supposed to be looking at? I'm too distracted by that hot dwarf in a bathing suit

Soulwalker

Default Addon API and Macro Functionality

An advancement to the macro system would be useful, for example you can do some stuff but you cant incorporate casting spells or using items into the macro below so that it serves a good purpose. The game has been out for close to a full 6 years, macros and addons need some TLC.

Working Macro 1
    Code:
    /script local playerHealth = Inspect.Unit.Detail("player").health / Inspect.Unit.Detail("player").healthMax * 100 if playerHealth>75 then print("My Health: "..playerHealth.."%") end
    Not Working Macro 2
    Code:
    /script local playerHealth = Inspect.Unit.Detail("player").health / Inspect.Unit.Detail("player").healthMax * 100 if playerHealth>75 then print("My Health: "..playerHealth.."%") else Cast Bloom end
    Edit: I also want to point out that botting shouldnt be a concern since macros requires mouse clicks and addons cant create working "cast" and "use" functions even through the use of anything but a macro due to the secure part of the game while in combat... Even if that functionality was a little more relaxed then most people that bot would turn to 3rd party programs and not addons due to the complexity of the code an addon would need to perform botting functions.
    Last edited by Lifefire; 02-16-2017 at 09:41 PM.

Soulwalker

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Lifefire View Post
    The game has been out for close to a full 6 years, macros and addons need some TLC.
    Well, yeah. But how about first some chat hooks? I was thinking to make some filter and notifier chat addon, if someone mentions "WoW was first mmo" or something else.

Or even format. What the heck is this:

[Levels 1-29][Somenoobish@Wolfsbane] Wow was first mmo!

Could we have some nicely formatted chat? Because this line above usually wraps around after 2-3 words, information about channel name and shard name takes so much space. What about

1 Somenoobish WB Do you even Rift, bro?

I don't need chat name, I have only 2 of them, and for guild, raid, party, say I could also use just first letter. But no, can't touch this. Even can't change font in console.
    Now, what about providing some ability to set keybinding to my own buttons? I was thinking that autobar-like for consumables would be great addon to write. Or custom action bars.. wait, you can't assign keybindings.

Nice workaround by Naifu. You put your bars under real bars, then edit interface, then disable bars in interface, voila.

After these issues fixed I think we could start work making one button play style with advanced macros.

Telaran

Default disappointed dimensioneer

it's dimension weekend, but I gotta say I am one disappointed builder.
    I can automate picking up every placed item in my dimension, if I want to pick it all up, BUT I can't do ANYTHING to empty the moving crate except manually place each and every item in it, then pick it up. There's no way, via API or otherwise, to take items out of the crate directly into inventory. There is also no way via API to just place items from the crate into the dimension.
    I'm staring at a list of a few hundred items for one dimension...all in the moving crate.

TL;DR - I would REALLY like these:
    Command.Dimension.Layout.Place able to place objects that are in the crate
    Command.Dimension.Layout.Pickup able to retrieve items from crate. UI buttons to do the same.
    Command.Dimension.Layout.Select set to completely ignore crated items provided as arguments, as doing so causes the pickup button to become active without actually functioning. It misleads.
    UI button to Take All from the moving crate.
    UI button to Pick Up All from the dimension.
    Kherae@Deepwood
    Nyrne@Deepwood
    Rampancy@Deepwood
    Aereyn@Deepwood
    (Disclaimer: Characters are updated once in two blue moons.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast