+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Addons: Suggestions, Bug Reports, and Other Feedback

Default Serious Issue with Buff.Add Events

So, I've just finished my Buff Library.

The first Buff Add events trigger while Rift is still lagging from Start-up. Meaning, there's no way to get them loaded before the Watchdog kicks in.

On my system it isn't too bad. But my Buff Library has a warning system of it's own, which will highlight when the Client/Addon API is running slowly and warn the user that any forth coming Watchdog messages are purely the fault of Rift, not any Addon using the Library (in this instance KBM). I need to restart the client each time in order to reproduce it, but this will obviously increase to the point of CPU Addon Kills and Performance Warnings on slower machines (during start-up).

The time taken for the first Inspect.Buff.Detail on my machine is 0.078 seconds, which is a single call and almost enough to trigger the performance warning. So I can certainly see why I'm seeing Watchdog errors still.

For a comparison, normal timings for a single Inspect.Buff.Detail on my machine are around 0.000137 to 0.000143 seconds maximum. So you can see, this first event and then call inherits extreme lag.

This needs to be addressed promptly, as it could be having unknown side effects.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Further investigation seems to point to the first call to Inspect.Buff.Detail after a client cold start is causing it. I placed a 5 and 10 second delay on the first run until I started processing Inspect.Buff.Detail, and still get warned by my Library about the API running slowly, with an average 0.08 second single Inspect.Buff.Detail call.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

It seems to me that it would be pretty cool if textfield's :SetText() could be called with a second argument of nil or false.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

I would love to be able to query the "overflow" inventory bag.

With a bunch of addons loaded, /reloadui kills rift every so often. Like, if I just /reloadui two or three times, I get an error report. So you have those. I can get you a list of addons, and I'ma go try to bisect a bit.

EDIT: Seems to be GoofBall. No substantive changes since the version up on RiftUI right now, but if that's present I get crashes on /reloadui, and if it's not I don't.
    Last edited by the_real_seebs; 11-02-2012 at 10:36 PM.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Can we get a field added to Inspect.Mail.Detail to tell you if you can reply to a message.

Inspect.Mail.Detail().noreply "true" if you can not reply to the message. Generally only true for automated messages from the game system.

*edit* flags for how each of the 5 buttons on the Mail Message window are set would be nice actually, not just the reply button.
    Last edited by Noshei; 11-05-2012 at 05:25 AM.

another suggestion. Could there be a "Quiet" parameter added to Command.Mail.Open(). This would basically open the message and make the relevant data available, but without actually opening up the UI window.

When you open a mail message it gives you the date and time the message was sent. This value is missing from the API.

Telaran

Having disappeared off to other games for a bit, I thought I'd take a look at my healing frames again, and see if there were any useful new things to pick up (absorb pools seems to be one to think on)

Sadly it seems the macro system hasn't been updated (unless it's coming with storm legion?) so once more can I ask for [nomod] for macros, so I can avoid fallthough on macros for casting spells in unit frames (but then a google tells me various requests for this have been posted over the last 18 months)

Or have I missed it and it's coming with storm legion?

Thanks,
    Mere

Default Ui suggestions

UI:
    (UI) Put a window Showing the requisites to enter in a dungeum (hit, tougness, etc) and with the history about that dungeum.
    (UI) There is no doubt Rift and gw2 have the same gear customization but in gw2 u can storage the dye, which is a nice feature. Rift should have one too! Let the dyes more hard to craft and more expansives. At least, once time get, it will be permanent.
    (UI) Let to see money and organization button on Bag bar in some bag's window bag too. Bag bar is unecessary and ocupy space in window.
    (UI) Put an option to personalize player portrait and bar. Another important design is to split hp and mana, each with its side with player portrain btw, to put above and in midle the skills and be harmony with all.
    (UI) Put the cross server auction house. It is a sucess in some games and can solve the cheat of some players doing economy changing the server. Dont charge money to players who want to do it.
    (UI) Put a simple dating system or a system to know other people, just to help players to know in real life. this will increase game's sociability and a lot of other things around that. More fun too.
    (UI) Some windows in Rift have a lot of personality and others doesnt. One good exemple is Soul tree window (N key). The bad exemples i think is Abilities Window (p key), PVP window (k key), Guild window and Instant Adventure windows. They should have a better background and more details to make it more full or personality to see and enjoy, like Abilities windows are. Look the Deep's Depot. Put this nice design to PVP and Dungeum windows too. They are the most viewed in the game.
    (UI) Let us to see all instant adventure in any place and any level above. Of course, after join, we need to enter in mentor, but i dont understand why i only see randon, if there are a lot of IA in the game. Trion is hidding its stuff.
    (UI) Put a button Deposit all (to all craft materials) in Banker NPC.
    Rift 2.6's - Things I miss a lot in Rift: 1. No lock raids or boss, only lock drops and tokens. 2. I want a button to visit to other servers more easily. 3. Too low FPS yet. Fix Rift Client please. 4. Fair PVP, too much unbalance and crap healing war.
    - Thinks i like most right now: 1. Hailol Footholds 2. Flexible builds 3. Mage tanking comming .

Inspect.Stat().focus and *.focusUnbuffed still exists, even though the stat is no more.

Also need to have critPower an critPowerUnbuffed added to Inspect.Stat() as well.

A new RiftTextfield which never gets :SetText() will provide a black cursor and black boxes for text, although they still have the expected contents so it's otherwise working.

Rift Chaser

There seems to be a bug with player.pet for the new defiler beacon (and maybe with other pets as well, but I haven't been able to test that yet).

Basically if you summon a beacon and then move out a long way from it, the beacon despawns but Inspect.Unit.Lookup still returns an id for it. If you then summon a new beacon, Inspect.Unit.Lookup still returns the old id and if you try to use this id for anything it's not recognised. Once this old id is stuck in the system, there seems no way to get info on any current beacon.

reloadui doesn't clear the problem, only a relog wll fix it.

Beacons that are killed or manually despawned don't cause the bug.

EDIT: it seems that beacons that get killed DO sometimes cause this bug, but not always. Haven't pinned down the exact conditions yet.
    Last edited by Lightwell; 11-16-2012 at 11:43 AM.

add new inspect for addon memory

Code:
    Inspect.Addon.Memory
    		Function documentation:
    			Returns current Memory usage information.
    				data = Inspect.Addon.Memoryu()   -- table <- void
    		Return values:
    				data:	Current Memory usage. This takes the format { AddonIdentifier = { SubIdentifier = memory_usage_in_kilobytes } }. SubIdentifiers are generated by Rift and the format may change without notice.
    Last edited by Noshei; 11-18-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Default Inspect.System.Latency

Quite a lot of people have asked for an addon that displays latency. Unlike FPS, we can't calculate this ourselves, so access to the client's latency value would be useful.

Gadgets: Unit Frames and Other Stuff for RIFT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast