+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Addons: Suggestions, Bug Reports, and Other Feedback

Champion

While doing a re-import of the quests and quest npcs from the FTP file I noticed that a lot of quests are referencing non existing npc ids. I cross checked a couple of times and I'm pretty sure that hundreds of npc are missing from the npc.xml file.

Cheers
    N.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Naifu View Post
    While doing a re-import of the quests and quest npcs from the FTP file I noticed that a lot of quests are referencing non existing npc ids. I cross checked a couple of times and I'm pretty sure that hundreds of npc are missing from the npc.xml file.

Cheers
    N.
    The NPCs.xml file will only have NPCs that have been killed at least once. If the quest giver is immortal or has flown under the radar and never been killed, they won't show up.

So today I did some more investigating to try and find out what exactly is going on with Inspect of Console that it returns nil information. The end result is a solution for anyone having the same issue.

To fix the issue at the moment on the client end we can do this.
    1. Create a new alt, login with alt, then log off the alt.
    2. Login to character effected by chat issue
    3. Click System > Import > "Select the New Alt" > Check only Chat Settings
    4. Click Import

Updated my ticket with this:
    After alot of trial/error and talking with everyone in #RiftUIdev while testing various things.

This is what I found out;
    /script dump(Inspect.Console.Detail(Inspect.Console.List() ).v0000000000000000.channel)

Should always return something unless called before everything is completed loading.
    However in my case and the case of others, there is something corrupting their chat settings.
    For me it has been always returning nil, even when I was joined to the channel properly.
    So I asked a guild mate that had not done any modifications to their chat channels to test it.
    Results are that it works 100%, so onto testing this on one of my alts.
    A brand new alt tested this and it works returning correctly the information from the console channel.
    However...
    Returning back to my main I wondered what gives? A suggestion from Ivnedar "someone's suggesting importing chat settings from an alt that isn't broken"; so with this in mind I imported the chat and only the chat settings from the working alt.
    Result: the script works!, and now when I port to zone then port to another area in the same zone there are no more channel leaves!

In closing I am no closer to knowing what exactly caused this. The question remains "What Happened to Chat?" So with that I leave you hoping that your TEAM can now isolate what is happening, and hopefully educate the community. And hopefully find a fix to resolve it in the future.
    I hope this helps anyone having the same or similiar issue.

Cheers to Ivnedar, Imhothar, ZorbaTHut for helping me figure that much out.
    ....as for Noshei.... quit playing WoW! and get back to RIFT. hehe

(update 1201am cst)
    While I got my chat channel working again by importing the chat settings from an alt, there is still an issue with it leaving channels that has returned after importing them onto main. At first it worked and it wasn't leaving, then it started leaving the zone channel. So while this doesn't overall fix the issue I experience, it does shed light on how to restore zone channel chat. Should I find what the cause actually is, if its client side Ill update with another post. Till then I leave it in the hands of TRION CS.
    Last edited by Treaborne; 02-01-2015 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Update after some more testing

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ivnedar View Post
    The NPCs.xml file will only have NPCs that have been killed at least once. If the quest giver is immortal or has flown under the radar and never been killed, they won't show up.
    That's not true. The npc xml file is full of npc which have never ever been killed before. A good example for this is Arnie the Nose located in Choreburg / Draumheim in the crafting area.

Cheers
    N.

Soulwalker

A harmless bug with the minion API: there is a small race window when an adventure changes from working to finished, during which it is possible to send a minion on another adventure. When this happens the standard rift minion window will show "Slots open: -1". This may be related to the client clock and the server clock being out of sync.

And some suggestions for the minion API: it would be nice for the adventure detail to include which deck the adventure is from, so that addons don't need to include heuristics based on rewards and duration to try to work it out.

Also can you add a flag to indicate adventures that are once off occurrences. I want to allow the user to choose whether to automatically send minions on these adventures, and again I'm currently using heuristics for that.

Champion

It would be really awsome to include the upgrade paths into the item.xml file available from the ftp server.

Cheers
    N.

Soulwalker

In Inspect.Minion.Adventure.Detail(), we have : 'completion' (The time a "working" adventure will change to "finished", represented as UNIX time.)

But 'completion' is based on Inspect.Time.Real() witch is not on Unix time. (so we've to compare 'completion' with Inspect.Time.Server() witch work only for american...)
    Last edited by kassisdion; 02-23-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Champion

All the map event do not work in warfronts. Fun fact: They work in conquest

Also please integrate some kind of events to get the information available on the ctf element:

- Map Event for adding / removing / changing a warfront element
    - Some Event for player carrying a warfront element

Basically everything needed for simpley replicating what is already there in form of the native ctf element.

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 03-08-2015 at 01:22 AM.

Champion

I really need the quest timer information. Like really really bad

Please integrate the missing information for timed quests. There aren't that many quests with a time constriction but this is a major issue for my nkQuestTracker addon.

Cheers
    N.

Champion

Event.Map.Waypoint.Update does not fire if the player removes his own waypoint.

Cheers
    N.

Telaran

As far as I can tell, the API is missing the following information regarding minions
    • Information if an adventure is part of a chain
      (Suggestion - add a boolean to Inspect.Minion.Adventure.Detail called chain)
    • Information if an adventure can only be completed by a specific minion
      (suggestion - add a key to Inspect.Minion.Adventure.Detail called reqMinion with the minion ID as value)
    • Information if an adventure can NOT be completed by a specific minion
      (suggestion - add a key to Inspect.Minion.Adventure.Detail called notMinion with the minion ID as value)
    • Information if an adventure was attracted by an attractor minion
      (Suggestion - add a key to Inspect.Minion.Adventure.Detail called attracted with the minion ID of the minion who attracted the mission as value)
    • Functionality for stamina recharge
      I guess mimic-ing the function Command.Minion.Hurry and Command.Minion.Shuffle would work
    • Information on how much aventurine a player have
      (suggestion - give this it's own category under currency so that "Event.Currency=true" also work for aventurine)

Champion

If a player dies the position of it's body is only reported as a map event if the main map is opened. Upon closing the main map a remove event is triggered for the player's body.

opening and closing the main map will trigger add and then remove map events for the body.

The player's body should be reported by the map event system no matter if the main map is open or not.

Cheers
    N.

Champion

Default map events & shard change problem

If a player changes the shard no map events are thrown. Even worse Inspect.Map.List() reports the old map entries of the previous shard ... :

Only upon opening the main map window the correct events are being fired.

Very inconvenient

Cheers
    N.

Soulwalker

Default Problems Or Impossible ???

Hi there !!! Im outfiter 450 lvl. On most recepies, there is no augmentation slot (65 lvl Cloth gears) !!! Shell i get something to open that slot, or its just impossible to use augments on that kind of gears ??? Thanks for reply !!!

Quote Originally Posted by apkhazava View Post
    Hi there !!! Im outfiter 450 lvl. On most recepies, there is no augmentation slot (65 lvl Cloth gears) !!! Shell i get something to open that slot, or its just impossible to use augments on that kind of gears ??? Thanks for reply !!!
    Gear at that level requires amenders, not augments.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast