+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Addons: Suggestions, Bug Reports, and Other Feedback

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

If it's not a suggestion for the addon API, please don't post it in this thread.

If you don't know what the addon API is, your suggestion is not for the addon API.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

Posted in wrong location cannot delete sorry
    Last edited by Lunaura; 06-02-2014 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Wrong location

Soulwalker

Default Threat suggestion

Be able to call threat, either as a % of target's threat or raw threat numbers. Would also like included a check to see if the mob's threat is on the player unit, checking targets is a big dodgy since mobs can target for one spell without dropping threat. This would allow better tanking addons and hopefully, in turn, increase the number of people that are willing to try to tank.

I *hope* I'm in the right place for this, if not feel free to uhm, kick me but not too hard?

Anyways, I have the Carnage Book addon which is epic but I would like if it would show coordinates. For some Carnages it's just 1 specific mob you need to kill, a beastie more special than all the others and if you're not familiar with the zone they can be hard to find. Also, I don't suppose there's a way of showing NOT active/missing carnages on the map through the addon? Like enable some sort of overlay?

Another thing I've wondered is custom action bars. I got the Gadgets and all it's little addons to that but I've failed to find one for action bars. It's hard to make them look 'cleaner' via the default Rift UI editor. You can remove the main action bar but then you gotta do your locking and unlocking via settings each time you wanna move some buttons.. also the option to lay them out horizontally, vertically, make rows of 5 action buttons per bar or 15 instead of the default 10.. I'd like to be able to do that. Is anyone working on any such addon and is it possible at all? OR is there an addon that does exactly that and I'm just too much of a headless chicken to find it?

Thanks to anyone who'll read and maybe reply!
    Duh.

Soulwalker

Any chance on a Playlist player addon? I've got some songs I'd love to listen to but my computer has some issues every now and then when I try to have it doing too many things at once. Looking to get that fixed, but until then a Music Player addon or Playlist Addon would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud557 View Post
    Any chance on a Playlist player addon? I've got some songs I'd love to listen to but my computer has some issues every now and then when I try to have it doing too many things at once. Looking to get that fixed, but until then a Music Player addon or Playlist Addon would be awesome.
    This is not currently possible and not likely to ever be possible.

Suggestion:

I'd like a way to call the tooltips that are displayed when you mouse over a stat value on the character screen.

Currently Event.Tooltip returns nil nil for these tooltips.

*Edit*

It appears that credits also have this same issue of showing nil for Event.Tooltip and there is no way to call up the tooltip with the command.
    Last edited by Noshei; 10-05-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Soulwalker

Event.Tooltip as a whole could use some TLC. On comparative tooltips it'll fire with every mouse movement over an item which means you can have 1 event with the right tooltip info and another 20-80 nil events. That 1 event doesn't necessarily fire first though and can be smack in the middle of those nil events
    X &Y coordinates gotten from these comparative tooltips are also very funky as the two different tooltips make up one rectangle even if one of the tooltips is shorter and that information isn't reachable.

Soulwalker

Default Inspect.Item.Detail category only gives "armor"

While gearing up in the new expansion I've been getting more and more items that were giving false positives while trying to add these items to my saved gadgetsutfitter equipment sets.
    Upon further inspection it seems that some of the new items only have "armor" in the category variable where it should be for instance "armor accessory ring".
    As an addon dev I'd just like to let trion know that data IS being used by some of us and it would be great if it'd be checked when gear is being created(yes I know trion has been busy etc.).

Anyway, you can still save the items through loading and saving the sets in the main UI but it kind of renders the mass replacement tool I built useless.

Quote Originally Posted by mhenlo View Post
    While gearing up in the new expansion I've been getting more and more items that were giving false positives while trying to add these items to my saved gadgetsutfitter equipment sets.
    Upon further inspection it seems that some of the new items only have "armor" in the category variable where it should be for instance "armor accessory ring".
    As an addon dev I'd just like to let trion know that data IS being used by some of us and it would be great if it'd be checked when gear is being created(yes I know trion has been busy etc.).

Anyway, you can still save the items through loading and saving the sets in the main UI but it kind of renders the mass replacement tool I built useless.
    Ahh! This would explain why my jabob addon wasnt showing item comparisons properly last night - thanks for saving me the investigations!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

I would like to see API added for Guild Rally. Currently it is sorta possible to determine this, but there are a few bugs with doing it through the ability api.

Suggested functions are

Inspect.Guild.Rally - Returns details about the current guild rally, such as time started and location. returns nil if no current guild rally.
    Event.Guild.Rally - triggers when a guild rally is started or ended

Telaran

Default Bug in Window scaling

I wrote this already at 2012, but no-one replied anything so I repost this, just in case my first post was not reached right people.

There is bug in RIFT's window scaling code. You can test it by putting global UI scale to 80%, and bag scale to 80%. (There are other broken scale combinations too, but those are good examples). But if you use for example global scaling 75% it works perfectly.

Then open inventory bags, and run command

/script local Context = UI.CreateContext("MarkItems"); Context:SetStrata("tutorial"); local frame = UI.CreateFrame("Frame", "", Context); frame:SetAllPoints(UI.Native.BagInventory1); frame:SetBackgroundColor(1, 0, 0, 0.5); frame:SetVisible(true)

This will draw red square over inventory bag #1. It bag window is located at upper left corner, then red square is positioned correctly. If you move that window out of corner, you will see that square is misslocated - amount of misslocation depends about distance from corner.

Same error affects on game internal window handling too. When you try to move window, it is sometimes hard to find correct location where to click, because title bar is actually in different location than it appears to be. (At least when bag scaling is very small)

Does anyone know working formula to calculate real position of window, so I could do some workaround to my MarkItems addon?

PS. Is there any API methods for new minions and their quests? Those pets REALLY need better sorting and I will do some addon, if API supports them, but so far I haven't found and info about it.

I want to sort minions with following rule. Take needed skills from mission card.

1st show minions what have both skills and enough stamina (and minion level as 2nd sorting key).

2nd show minions what have only one matching skill and enough stamina (and minions level as 2nd sorting key).

3rd other minions with enough stamina (Still level as 2nd sorting key).

4th others (or even not visible at all)
    Last edited by Arzka2; 11-08-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Champion

Inspect.Item.Detail is missing the type property for ear pieces.

Cheers
    N.

Champion

The stats provided by Inspect.Item.Detail always include dreamorb stat. There's no way to find out if an item has a dream orb attached to it and what the stat difference without would be.

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 01-26-2015 at 02:34 AM.

Lightbulb

This only inspects the players home shard, could this be updated to included current shard they are on.
    Code:
    ---- Currently Inspects players home shard
    shard = Inspect.Shard()
    --
    -- Puts home shard name into variable
    shardInfo = shard and shard.name

-- Proposed Inspect for current shard
    yourShard = Inspect.Shard("player")
    yourTargetShard = Inspect.Shard("player.target")
    --
    -- Puts home shard name into variable
    yourShardInfo = yourShard and yourShard.nameHome
    --
    -- Puts your current shard name into variable
    yourShardInfo = yourShard and yourShard.nameRemote
    --
    -- Puts target player home shard name into variable
    yourTargetShardInfo = yourTargetShard and yourTargetShard.nameHome
    --
    -- Puts target player current shard name into variable
    yourTargetShardInfo = yourTargetShard and yourTargetShard.nameRemote
    Also the Inspect.Console.List() to inspect player channels for getting their current shard is broken by a client due to a current bug. Please see this forum post for more information: http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...t-console.html
    Code:
    			local player=Inspect.Unit.Detail("player")
    			local zone=Inspect.Zone.Detail(player.zone)
    			-- Check if newShardName is valid then clear it
    			if newShardName then
    				local newShardName=nil
    			end
    			local newShardName
    			-- Check if shardName is valid then clear it
    			if shardName then
    				local shardName=nil
    			end
    			local consoles=Inspect.Console.List()
    			for cid, flag in pairs(consoles) do
    				local console=Inspect.Console.Detail(cid)
    				if console.channel then
    					for cname, flag in pairs(console.channel) do
    						if cname == zone.name then
    							-- we are in the zone channel of our home server
    							local shard=Inspect.Shard()
    							newShardName=shard and shard.name
    						elseif (cname:sub(1, zone.name:len()+1) == zone.name.."@") then
    							-- we are in a "zone@server" channel
    							newShardName=cname:sub(zone.name:len()+2)
    						end
    					end
    				end
    			end
    			if newShardName and newShardName ~= shardName then
    				shardName=newShardName
    			end

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast