+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Addons: Suggestions, Bug Reports, and Other Feedback

Code:
    local context = UI.CreateContext("")

local text1 = UI.CreateFrame("Text", "", context)
    text1:SetText([=[<font color="#e3e560"><u><a lua="print([[Test]])">Test</a></u></font>]=], true)
    text1:SetPoint("CENTER", UIParent, "CENTER")

local text2 = UI.CreateFrame("Text", "", context)
    text2:SetText([=[<font color="#e3e560"><u><a lua="print([[test]])">test</a></u></font>]=], true)
    text2:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", text1, "BOTTOMLEFT")
    Clicking the bottom link prints "Test" with an uppercase "T" instead of lowercase "test" as expected.
    Author of the Imhothar's Bags addon.

Can we get which addons are enabled changed from being per account to be per character. This would be amazing!

Plane Walker

Whats the best way to access the data on the cores someone else drops? They dont show up as buffs but i'd like to track them in my addon. I'm not really sure that there is a way as it sits now if anyone has a suggestion i'm open.

Also buffs like Orchestra that dont have a begin parameter so I just have to grab it when I see it. I'd prefer to access the buffs through a consistent mechanism though.
    Mael (Cleric)/Merxie (Warrior)/Merxion (Rogue)/Merxi (Mage) - <Valens Nexus> - Wolfsbane
    4/4 TotDQ - 3/4 FT - 2/5 EE - 1/4 GA

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imhothar View Post
    Event.Addon.Startup.End
    We don't need a new event, but I'm all for those parameters you suggested.
    Good point. I don't know what .End currently passes, if anything.

Second, a lot of initialization currently needs to be delayed until the first corresponding Event.* arrives, sometimes followed by quite an amount of data processing/CreateFrame/SetPoint/younameit, but the Watchdog is already active. This goes somewhat hand-in-hand with the inconsistent initialization, since after a /reloadui the data is available, but you may not get an event signaling it, but after a login the data is not immediately available and you have to wait.
    Yeah. There's a lot of stuff that's hard to figure out early on, but would be really useful to know in order to do other setup.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

It would be useful to be able to pass environments to the Lua functions created from HTML text:

Code:
    local env = { foo = function() ... end }
    Text:SetText([[This <a lua="foo()">link</a> does stuff]], true, env)
    If this overload is used the generated Lua chunks do not use the global environment but the provided table instead. All chunks would share the same environment.

Right now everything a link is supposed to access must be in global scope, which is rather unpleasant. This way links could be better encapsulated and used like closures.
    Author of the Imhothar's Bags addon.

Champion

Inspect.Tooltip() will return nothing if a comparing tooltip is being shown while hovering an equipable item.

For example hovering item in the bag:

- Tooltip for the item is shown
    - If an item is equipped in that slot => Comperative tooltip also shown

=> Inspect.Tooltip() will return nil allthough the tooltip of the item in the bag is being shown.

Also the event 'Event.Tooltip' is called way to often. In the above case if you simply move the mouse cursor by one pixel 'Event.Tooltip' will fire a lot of times and no longer providing any information about the tooltip shown. Still the ingame tooltip is still be shown in that case.

To me it looks like something is very much amiss with the display of the tooltips in the above cases.

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 07-17-2013 at 07:04 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Naifu View Post
    Inspect.Tooltip() will return nothing if a comparing tooltip is being shown while hovering an equipable item.

For example hovering item in the bag:

- Tooltip for the item is shown
    - If an item is equipped in that slot => Comperative tooltip also shown

=> Inspect.Tooltip() will return nil allthough the tooltip of the item in the bag is being shown.

Also the event 'Event.Tooltip' is called way to often. In the above case if you simply move the mouse cursor by one pixel 'Event.Tooltip' will fire a lot of times and no longer providing any information about the tooltip shown. Still the ingame tooltip is still be shown in that case.

To me it looks like something is very much amiss with the display of the tooltips in the above cases.

Cheers
    N.
    I can confirm those issues.
    Event.Tooltip and Inspect.Tooltip go really crazy when the comparison tooltips are shown.

Another issue I have is that when the tooltip for a buff is shown Inspect.Tooltip() will not return a type. Only the unit and buff ids are returned.

I would really like a Command.Mail.DeleteOnlyIfThereAreNoAttachments. Because as is, a stupid typo in code can permanently and irrevocably destroy multiple items, vast amounts of wealth, or whatever else. And I would rather be able to express with my code "I have total confidence that I do not wish to delete any message unless it has no attachments, so let's just be a little safer here."

Also, I'd like more information on Command.Mail.Take, because there appears to be some level of throttling there I can't directly observe. Maybe I need to be using callbacks to check on this?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Default Extra interaction type for Event.Interaction and Inspect.Interaction

"npc"

That would fire whenever we interact with an npc.

Ideally we would have several types, npcvendor, npcportalmaster etc., but a single type would do, and we could interrogate our target to see just who it is.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Diipios View Post
    I can confirm those issues.
    Event.Tooltip and Inspect.Tooltip go really crazy when the comparison tooltips are shown.

Another issue I have is that when the tooltip for a buff is shown Inspect.Tooltip() will not return a type. Only the unit and buff ids are returned.
    I've been dealing with the tooltip bugginess (is that a word) for a long time. Another issue is that if you call Command.Tooltip(id), the tooltip always appears on the top left of the screen. You can't move it. Also, if you call Inspect.Tooltip after calling Command.Tooltip you will get a nil as well. I hope they fix this, but in the scheme of things, it's a very small annoying bug that is probably way down on the to do list.

Telaran

With the launch of Summerfest, we got new pets. When looking at the pet's Category, the category is listed as Dimension World. This is the same category as the shamble stick, and other event items. Is this by design? If so, how can I determine if an item is indeed a companion or not?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Plane Touched

I'm not an addon author but since i'm using rift with french client there seems to be bug with the getcursor function of rift api which is returning an incorrect index when special characters are involved.

As an exemple if i got text with special characters like the french accent, getcursor function return wrong index value when i press enter at end of lines.

Typing "stratéguerre" on a text box and pressing enter will get the last "e" of the line carrying over on the next line and disappearing on the previous one.

1st line : stratéguerr
    2nd line : e

Proposed:
    Inspect.Time.Game() => Returns the current time of day in Telara.

If you run /time in the Rift client, you'll note that the time associated with day/night cycles is actually displayed as one of the available times. We should get that. Not sure of format. I would be inclined to do "seconds after midnight". So 3600 => 1 AM.

Default UI.Native.PorticulumMaster

There doesnt seem to be a UI.Native available for the Porticulum Master.

Code:
    for k,v in pairs(UI.Native) do
    	UI.Native[k]:EventAttach(Event.UI.Native.Loaded, function(self,h)
    		print(k.." (un)loaded")
    	end, "E.U.N.L")
    end
    At least, nothing fires when the porticulum master window opens.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

Suggestion: Wardrobe/preview controls.

Inspect.Preview() <-- item or table. If table, shows what items are being displayed on the previewed character models, using equipment slot names as keys and items as values.
    Command.Preview.Show(item): Previews item, replacing any previous item in the same slot.
    Command.Preview.Clear(slot or item nil): Clear either the specfied item-or-slot, or just clear the preview window.
    New field in Inspect.Item.Detail: dyeSlots = {0|1|2}
    Command.Preview.Dye(slot | item, dye1, dye2): Alters the dye selection for the given item. A dye value of "nil" is no change, "false" is "with no dyes". Dye is an item type ID. The addon API shouldn't need to have seen that item ID this session for this to work.

What this would let us do: The wardrobe preview we actually want, where we can do things like "dye all pieces to red primary".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast