+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Discussion and Short Questions

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Discussion and Short Questions

This thread is devoted to general-purpose discussion and questions. Want to talk about the recent changes? Have a query that doesn't deserve its own thread? Post here!

This replaces the old Changelog Discussion thread as well as part of the old Addon Documentation thread. I'll be copying changelogs and updates as they're posted.

Telaran

Will we ever be given the tools to create custom action bars? I'd like to be able to tailor my layout to match my Fang gamepad (2 rows of 6 keys, surrounded by extras) and have it toggle to a 2nd and 3rd set when I hit CTRL or ALT. These of course would need to be keybound instead of click-only as existing assets are.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceUndone View Post
    Will we ever be given the tools to create custom action bars? I'd like to be able to tailor my layout to match my Fang gamepad (2 rows of 6 keys, surrounded by extras) and have it toggle to a 2nd and 3rd set when I hit CTRL or ALT. These of course would need to be keybound instead of click-only as existing assets are.
    Keybindings are on the TODO list, but they're going to be kind of finicky to implement. It'll happen, it just might not happen super-soon.

That said, you probably won't be able to make it toggle to different sets unless you're actually talking about holding CTRL or ALT.

Soulwalker

Do you think it will be possible to allow us to modify the view port (as in make smaller). As in if we have 2 screens we could change the view port so the world is on one screen while the second screen is black and can have ui stuff on it. Say we have a screen res of 3840 x 1080 could we make the world view port of 1920 x 1080.

Might be slightly off topic but I have a few macro language enhancements that I'd love to get in.

Ability to turn off ALL macro feedback to the chat log. Bunch of reasons for this. cancelbuff complains if the buff isn't there, target complains if it can't find a mob and so forth.

Wardrobe switching via macro would be nice as well. Add this to your loadequip macro and you get a nice visual indicator of what gear you have on. Well, for a few sets anyhow. My tank and DPS gear looks the same and you can't see source machines at all so this would be a great help.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

Added a new upcoming breaking change:

2.0 BREAKING CHANGES:

Inspect.Unit.Detail().comboUnit/Event.Unit.Detail.ComboUnit
    - As combo points are no longer associated with any specific unit, this functionality is no longer needed. Event.Unit.Detail.ComboUnit still exists within the addon API but will no longer fire. It will be removed shortly after the release of Storm Legion.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

Actually I'll just go ahead and commit to another breaking change:

"Compatibility Mode" will vanish in 2.1 and take all the vestiges of 1.9 along with it. Any addon that currently requires Compatibility Mode to continue functioning will stop functioning entirely with 2.1. Fix your addons!

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    Actually I'll just go ahead and commit to another breaking change:

"Compatibility Mode" will vanish in 2.1 and take all the vestiges of 1.9 along with it. Any addon that currently requires Compatibility Mode to continue functioning will stop functioning entirely with 2.1. Fix your addons!
    I really do not have a good way to express how utterly AMAZING it is that you give us this kind of advance warning about stuff.

My experience, both as an addon writer and an addon user, is Much Improved.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Zorba, any chance we might get a way to access the discovered items (that are in the ftp data) through the api?

I'm thinking of a command that would allow us to basically search for items that have already been discovered.

What is the environment string for Storm Legion?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Telaran

Default Any changes at all for 2.0?

Will there be any API changes/additions at all for the launch of Storm Legion (rift 2.0) ?

Just curious at this point if we can expect any new "goodies" for the xpac ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 0dine View Post
    Will there be any API changes/additions at all for the launch of Storm Legion (rift 2.0) ?

Just curious at this point if we can expect any new "goodies" for the xpac ;)
    Other than the Dimensions API, there really isn't anything new that we don't have access to already. Unfortunately Zorba has been tasked out to other projects because of SL, so the addon API isn't getting the attention it deserves.

As a random side note, Zorba has been sadly absent from IRC lately as well.
    Last edited by Noshei; 10-31-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Is there a way to compare to Inspect.Unit.Detail values which would tell you whether their coordinates are logically in the same space? Like, say, contrasting "one of us is in Stillmoor and one is in Shimmersand" with "one of us is in Silverwood and one of us is in Realm of the Fae"?

I can't see anything that obviously tells me whether two zones share a coordinate space. Obviously, I can check whether a zone is an instance, and if one player is in an instance and one isn't, that's not in the same coordinate space, right? But what if they're both in instances? I don't know how to check whether, say, two copies of Terminus get the same zone ID, or whether any of the instances have more than one zone ID the same way the main map does.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    Other than the Dimensions API, there really isn't anything new that we don't have access to already. Unfortunately Zorba has been tasked out to other projects because of SL, so the addon API isn't getting the attention it deserves.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully he can redirect ihs attention back to the addon API soon so he can start filling everyones requests =P

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    Hard drive failure - I've actually never seen a hard drive this busted before that was still, apparently, salvageable. But I'm having to babysit it and restart the copy every 10-20GB or so.

Once that's all done, I get to find out if there are other hardware problems. Hopefully not.

I'll be back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast