+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Discussion and Short Questions

What Adelea said, and looking at it I have a sneaky feeling I know what's going on.

If you have an event handler for the Saved Variables and you assign those to .Config, via something like _mmData.Config = mysavedvarsTable then the _mmData.Config table changes too.

My way around it would be to either manually copy the entries across, or, even easier (at first), call an "Init_Module" function within each module from within the handler for Saved Variables.

if you do something like:
    Code:
    local function MySavedVarsLoad_Handler(handle, AddonID)
    	if AddonID == _addonInfo.id then
    		for k, v in pairs(mySavedVars) do
    			_mmData.Config[k] = v
    		end
    	end
    end
    Command.Event.Attach(Event.Addon.SavedVariables.Load.End, MySavedVarsLoad_Handler, "Saved Vars Loading")
    Then you're not changing the Config table.

Also, I noticed you're using table.insert still. You may want to get in to the process of using the new Command.Event.Attach() as the old style table.insert method is being removed.

See above for the example of how I link the Saved Vars event to the handler.

Remember, doing it this way, you'll need to copy any changes back to your saved vars table via the SavedVariables.Save.Begin event.
    Last edited by Semele; 04-04-2013 at 09:46 AM.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Telaran

Thanks Adelea... Your code pointed me in the right direction. Imhothar was 100% correct. My second module was loaded before the events on my first module were even firing. So I was trying to access an unallocated variable. I've made the adjustments. Thanks again for the quick feedback!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Semele View Post
    What Adelea said, and looking at it I have a sneaky feeling I know what's going on.

If you have an event handler for the Saved Variables and you assign those to .Config, via something like _mmData.Config = mysavedvarsTable then the _mmData.Config table changes too.

My way around it would be to either manually copy the entries across, or, even easier (at first), call an "Init_Module" function within each module from within the handler for Saved Variables.

if you do something like:
    Code:
    local function MySavedVarsLoad_Handler(handle, AddonID)
    	if AddonID == _addonInfo.id then
    		for k, v in pairs(mySavedVars) do
    			_mmData.Config[k] = v
    		end
    	end
    end
    Command.Event.Attach(Event.Addon.SavedVariables.Load.End, MySavedVarsLoad_Handler, "Saved Vars Loading")
    Then you're not changing the Config table.

Also, I noticed you're using table.insert still. You may want to get in to the process of using the new Command.Event.Attach() as the old style table.insert method is being removed.

See above for the example of how I link the Saved Vars event to the handler.

Remember, doing it this way, you'll need to copy any changes back to your saved vars table via the SavedVariables.Save.Begin event.
    Semele, you are correct. Through Adelea code, I was able to trace it back that I was trying to access a variable before it was actually loaded. I am using the attach methodology, but went back to the insert method to try to troubleshoot this bug. I was getting weird behavior and wanted to rule it out.

Again thanks everyone for the great help!

Soulwalker

Default Programatically change game settings

Just wondering, is there a way to programatically change game settings, in particular the gamma setting? The reason I'm asking is, I would like to either create a macro or a small lua script to toggle the gamma setting between two values, one for dark areas/night and the other for brighter areas.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #110
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Thorarin View Post
    Does anybody know what happens to player addon storage when you transfer to another shard? Is it moved along with the character, or is it lost? I don't really have any characters I can try it out with at the moment.
    A bit late here, but it should be moved along with the character. Also, guild storage will be moved along with the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    A bit late here, but it should be moved along with the character. Also, guild storage will be moved along with the guild.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! When guild storage doesn't have to be emptied in a move, it will be a wondrous change!
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #112
    Rift Team

I think you might be misunderstanding me a bit - I'm not talking about the guild bank, I'm talking about the addon guild data storage. That, as far as I know, should be ported along with the guild unchanged. (I think! I might be wrong on this, I'm not 100% sure how the guild porting process works internally.)

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #113
    Rift Team

NEW FEATURES:

* Added :EventMacroSet() and :EventMacroGet(). These functions will replace the ability to use :EventAttach() and :EventDetach() on macros because, let's be honest here, those were really annoying to use for macros. We'll be going through a super-accelerated deprecation process to remove the old functionality - fix your addons today!

UPCOMING BREAKING CHANGES:

* Macros will no longer be supported in :EventAttach() and :EventDetach(). Putting the environment in Strict mode will now break that functionality. This will be turned into a compatibility-mode-only feature in a matter of weeks, then removed shortly afterwards.

BUGFIXES:

* Fix bug in the new event system where event handlers with errors would cause parameters to vanish from later handlers on the same event.

DIFF:

Code:
    UI:
    	Layout:
    		Members:
    			EventMacroGet
    			EventMacroSet

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    I think you might be misunderstanding me a bit - I'm not talking about the guild bank, I'm talking about the addon guild data storage. That, as far as I know, should be ported along with the guild unchanged. (I think! I might be wrong on this, I'm not 100% sure how the guild porting process works internally.)
    Awww! I was soooo hoping that that would be added.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #115
    Rift Team

Breaking changes update:

2.3 BREAKING CHANGES:

* Macros will no longer be supported in :EventAttach() and :EventDetach(). We've added new functions, :EventMacroSet() and :EventMacroGet(), to make make handling far more easily. The old functionality is now a compatibility-mode-only feature and will be removed entirely in 2.3.

It'll go into compatibility-mode-only on our next client patch. Command.System.Strict() will track this down if you're doing it, though if you haven't tried converting your addon to the new event system yet, you have nothing to worry about

Will PvP ever get any love from the API?
    Accolades, warfront scores, and so on.
    Even free cost too much now

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #117
    Rift Team

PTS changelog:

NEW FEATURES:

* Added Text:SetEffect*() and Text:GetEffect*(). These let you apply special effects to text, such as blurs, glows, and shadows.

* Added Inspect.Role.List(). This lets you list the role names that the player has. Eventually, Inspect.Role.Detail() will join this, but that hasn't happened yet. You can find out which role the player *currently* uses with Inspect.TEMPORARY.Role(). Note that their ID schemas are off-by-one compared to each other.

BREAKING CHANGES:

* Layout:EventAttach() and Layout:EventDetach() will no longer accept macros. Use Layout:EventMacroSet() instead, with Layout:EventMacroGet() to retrieve the current macro.

SORT OF BREAKING CHANGES:

* Fix a bug where IDs of guild bank items could sometimes be accessed when not looking at the guild bank. Hopefully this does not break people's addons, but it shouldn't have been possible in the first place

DIFF:

Code:
    Inspectors:
    	Inspect.Role.List

UI:
    	Text: Inherits from Frame
    		Members:
    			GetEffectBlur
    			GetEffectGlow
    			SetEffectBlur
    			SetEffectGlow

Parameter types:
    	role
    Last edited by ZorbaTHut; 06-05-2013 at 01:17 PM.

I updated my PTS docs:

https://www.seebs.net/rift/pts

Looks cool! Although the blurX/blurY fields in SetEffectGlow are sort of oddly named, and still documented as "blurring". YOU ARE A BAD PERSON AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #119
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I updated my PTS docs:

https://www.seebs.net/rift/pts

Looks cool! Although the blurX/blurY fields in SetEffectGlow are sort of oddly named, and still documented as "blurring". YOU ARE A BAD PERSON AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD.
    The glow effect has a variable blur for the glowing.

The new Text effects make me one very happy dev. Thanks for those!

I'm pretty sure this is going to take a huge chunk of memory footprint away from KBM due to almost all text seen in KBM is a foreground/shadow grouping of two text frames. I'm also thinking this in turn will be a huge performance increase, and I'm going to guess rendering two completely separate text frames is more expensive than hardware graphic effects on a single text frame render.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast