+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Discussion and Short Questions

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Rift Team

2.0 changelog:

NEW FEATURES:

* Added *.Dimension.Layout.*, allowing for addons to reorganize and place dimension items.

* Added "absorb" member to Inspect.Unit.Detail(), added Event.Unit.Detail.Absorb.

* Added cape slot support to the item system.

BREAKING CHANGES:

* As combo points are no longer unit-specific, Inspect.Unit.Detail().comboUnit has been removed. Event.Unit.Detail.ComboUnit still exists in compatibility mode, but will be disappearing shortly.

BUGFIXES:

* Inspect.Guild.Roster.Detail().rank is now properly documented.
    * Fixed an issue where Command.Item.Standard.Right(), called on an artifact, could trigger watchdog warnings entirely on its own.
    * "zlib.deflate()()" will no longer crash the client. The zlib library will now report a somewhat artificial "0.2.1" version until the official Brimworks branch catches up.
    * NaN is no longer a valid input to numbers that expect a number. Because they expect a number, and NaN isn't a number . . . sort of. Here's a fun programming philosophy problem: should "lua_isnumber()" return "true" for NaN?

DIFF:

Code:
    Inspectors:
    	Inspect.Dimension.Layout.Detail
    	Inspect.Dimension.Layout.List

Commands:
    	Command.Dimension.Layout.Pickup
    	Command.Dimension.Layout.Place
    	Command.Dimension.Layout.Select

Events:
    	Event.Dimension.Layout.Add
    	Event.Dimension.Layout.Remove
    	Event.Dimension.Layout.Update
    	Event.Unit.Detail.Absorb
    	Event.Unit.Detail.ComboUnit (removed)

Parameter types:
    	dimensionitem

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I think _isnumber should be true for anything which is being stored internally as a double, because it's a question about the data type, not about its contents. Consider type(foo). If the result would be the string 'number', then it's a number. Except when it's not.

... Although it may make sense to reject NaNs as inputs to such functions anyway. Might make sense, more generically, to add some amount of function-specific argument sanity checking with meaningful diagnostics.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

I agree with seebs, lua_is* checks for the variable type, which in this case is still the datatype "number". That's what we have std::isnan() for, or even std::isnormal() (in case you're runnign C++11/C99).
    Author of the Imhothar's Bags addon.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Rift Team

Yeah, semantically it's definitely what should happen - but the end result is still a bit comical.

"Hey, Lua! Is this variable a number?"

"YES. Yes it is! Unquestioningly! It is absolutely a number!"

"Great! What number is it?"

"It is: NOT A NUMBER."

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    Yeah, semantically it's definitely what should happen - but the end result is still a bit comical.

"Hey, Lua! Is this variable a number?"

"YES. Yes it is! Unquestioningly! It is absolutely a number!"

"Great! What number is it?"

"It is: NOT A NUMBER."

Blame IEEE for specifying that their numeric format included a value which was not a number.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Telaran

Default sneak peek soon? :)

Hey Zorba, any chance we will be getting a sneak peek in the near future on what new features are coming next?

Quote Originally Posted by 0dine View Post
    Hey Zorba, any chance we will be getting a sneak peek in the near future on what new features are coming next?
    I can tell you right now, not going to happen. He really only will tell us about something when it is heading to the PTS. Other than that he has a big long to do list.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    I can tell you right now, not going to happen. He really only will tell us about something when it is heading to the PTS. Other than that he has a big long to do list.
    Ya, im aware of the big list of TODOs......

Was just hoping he could us a teaser of what is incoming on PTS is all... Cant blame a guy for trying!

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #24
    Rift Team

2.0 live changelist:

BUGFIXES:

* Fixed a bunch of missing item categories, including cape categories and all dimension item categories.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #25
    Rift Team

Also I'm just going to take the opportunity to remind people of this:

2.1 BREAKING CHANGES:

The deprecated versions of these functions will be removed entirely, along with 1.9 Compatibility Mode. Any addon that still makes use of this functionality will need code changes.

print_raw()
    - See Command.Console.Display() - some code changes may be necessary.

Inspect.Ability.List()
    Inspect.Ability.Detail()
    - Use Inspect.Ability.New.*() instead.

Inspect.Achievement.Detail().faction
    - Use Inspect.Achievement.Detail().alliance instead.

Inspect.Buff.Detail().ability
    Inspect.Castbar().ability
    - Use Inspect.*().abilityNew instead.

Inspect.Unit.Detail().comboUnit/Event.Unit.Detail.ComboUnit
    - As combo points are no longer associated with any specific unit, this functionality is no longer needed, and these functions will be removed entirely.

Inspect.Item.Detail().requiredFactionName
    Inspect.Unit.Detail().factionName
    - Use Inspect.Faction.Detail(Inspect.Item.Detail().requi redFaction / Inspect.Unit.Detail().faction).name instead.

Inspect.Unit.Detail().titlePrefix/titleSuffix
    - Use Inspect.Title.Detail(Inspect.Unit.Detail().titlePr efixId/titleSuffixId).name.

Event.Ability.Add
    Event.Ability.Remove
    Event.Ability.Cooldown.Begin
    Event.Ability.Cooldown.End
    Event.Ability.Target
    Event.Ability.Range.True
    Event.Ability.Range.False
    Event.Ability.Usable.True
    Event.Ability.Usable.False
    - Use Event.Ability.New.* instead.

Event.Unit.Available
    Event.Unit.Unavailable
    - See Event.Unit.Availability.* - some code changes may be necessary.

Event.Unit.Detail.TitlePrefix
    Event.Unit.Detail.TitleSuffix
    - Use Event.Unit.Detail.TitlePrefixId/TitleSuffixId, then use Inspect.Title.Detail() to look up the localized name.

RiftButton/RiftCheckbox/RiftSlider/RiftTextfield/RiftWindow:GetDefaultWidth()/GetDefaultHeight()
    - Frames now initialize themselves with their default sizes automatically.

RiftButton/RiftCheckbox/RiftSlider/RiftTextfield/RiftWindow:ResizeToDefault()
    - Clearing a frame's explicitly-set size will now return it to default.

Text : ResizeToText()/GetFullWidth()/GetFullHeight()
    - Similar to other frames, a text's default size is considered the size that fits the text perfectly. Unless constrained via SetPoint, a textfield's height will adjust automatically if its width changes.

Texture:ResizeToTexture()
    - Similar to other frames, a texture's default size is considered the texture's native resolution, and a texture will resize itself automatically if its size has not been manually set.

Telaran

Default Issue with SetPoint

edit: mod delete post, resolved problem on my own!
    Last edited by 0dine; 12-02-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Telaran

Default Issue with SetPoint

Im going to try to make this short and sweet since I dont THINK ill have to post the entire function to get the answer im looking for.......

First of all for the record SecSecureMode hasnt been used on context or any frame attached to said context!

vDayFrame:SetPoint("TOP", self.WeekdayTitles[1], "BOTTOM", 0, -8)

the above fires off an error, and near the end mumbles about not being in secure more... but if i change the function to look like this....

vDayFrame:SetPoint("TOP", self.WeekdayTitles[1], "BOTTOM")

There are no errors, but its obviously not positioned where i want it!! My question is, is this a bug, and if not then in what situations do i need to put everything (context, all frames attached) into secure mode for that to work?

Long story short i'm used to.... that other games api.... and i guess i need some advice (for example the above function) on how to do that some other way, but with the same results?

EDIT: problem solved: i need to use TOPCENTER and BOTTOMCENTER instead
    Last edited by 0dine; 12-02-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0dine View Post
    edit: mod delete post, resolved problem on my own!
    Just a note: It's more useful to post the answer to a problem, because other people may have the same problem later...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Just a note: It's more useful to post the answer to a problem, because other people may have the same problem later...
    heh. well i thought i had it figured out, but i dont, hence the post back to the way it was!

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #30
    Rift Team

PTS changelog:

NEW FEATURES:

* Added Inspect.Pvp.* and Event.Pvp.*, intended for checking PVP stats and progress (notably Prestige).
    * Added Inspect.Experience and Event.Experience.*, intended for checking the player's experience.
    * Added Inspect.Attunement.Progress() and Event.Attunement.Progress.*, intended for checking the player's attunement progress. This is not yet the complete attunement API.

BREAKING CHANGES:

* Compatibility Mode has been removed. Functionality that worked only through Compatibility Mode has also been removed. See http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3964696 for information on how to fix nonworking addons.

SORT OF BREAKING CHANGES:

* As focus is no longer an ingame stat, all references to it have been removed.

UPCOMING BREAKING CHANGES:

* Inspect.TEMPORARY.Experience() and Event.TEMPORARY.Experience are now actually deprecated and will be removed in the future.

BUGFIXES:

* Added support for the "critPower" stat.
    * NaN is no longer a valid parameter to :SetPoint().
    * Fresh RiftTextfield objects no longer require an explicit :SetText() call to initialize properly.
    * Changing HTML textfield contents will no longer require a trip through non-HTML text in order to avoid unreadable boxes.

(diff is thoroughly uninteresting so I won't include it for now)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast