+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ADDON position reference

Rift Disciple

Default ADDON position reference

I frequently have to switch between my laptop and my desktop PC to play rift. I would like to use the same addons on both. The only way to get both of them to work the same way without having to do everything twice is to copy my "Saved" folder to both addon's directories. Here in lies the problem....

I play the game at 2 different resolutions. RIFT itself does a great job moving things where they go, but with addons, most of the time they are "off the screen" so i can do anything without going into the actual config files... finding a x/y reference, which btw is different for almost every developer... and changing it to 0,0 ...

NK stuff 0,0 reference is the top right of the screen.... most others are top left... but either way its very difficult and time consuming... I still cannot find the KBM button on my laptop, but i do use /kbmoptions...

Anyway the ADDON devlopers can be given some sort of common UI position reference like rift uses to put stuff in the correct postion as we change resolutions?

The problem is, with knowing the UI scale. Unless this crept in somewhere in one of the API updates, it'll be tough to adjust based on scale.

What I'm doing though, is ensuring each object is clipped to never be able to be off-screen, this'll solve any KBM UI elements vanishing if you move it off screen.

I'm also thinking about saving positions as a percentage rather than a direct X, Y location, this should also negate any issues with Scale.

As a side note, if you want to reset the position of the KBM button you can type /kbmdefault and it'll reset the position of the button and menu screen to central.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Rift Disciple

/kbmdefault ... thank you so much....

Now if all the other addons were that easy lol. I found most of the x/y references though lol.

Rift Disciple

/kbmdefault worked for the main button... but i still cant see the "ready check" button. The ready check pop up works fine, but its popping up if someone DC's when im in combat even though i have the "not in combat" or whatever button checked.

Anyway I can reset the position of the ready check button?

Quote Originally Posted by ace1623 View Post
    /kbmdefault worked for the main button... but i still cant see the "ready check" button. The ready check pop up works fine, but its popping up if someone DC's when im in combat even though i have the "not in combat" or whatever button checked.

Anyway I can reset the position of the ready check button?
    There isn't currently, I'll link it in with /kbmdefault in the next version. There will need to be a new version when Rift 1.10 hits regardless.

As for the ready check popping during combat, I'll have a fix for that too. The problem is, Rift's own Ready Check has been bugged this way since I can remember, and my Ready Check mirrors this obviously at the moment, as it's like-for-like. But, I should be able to override it when in combat... maybe... or Trion could finally fix theirs too!
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Semele View Post
    maybe... or Trion could finally fix theirs too!
    *Holds breath!*

So my buttons are off-screen, tried installing a completely fresh KBM and it's still not working... Anyway to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Byaku View Post
    So my buttons are off-screen, tried installing a completely fresh KBM and it's still not working... Anyway to fix this?
    If you download the latest Alpha version (551 and above). You can use /kbmdefault to reset the Ready Check button, KBM Button and/or the KBM Menu Window or all of them.
    http://rift.curseforge.com/addons/ki...551-1-3-0-551/

Current Alpha Change Log: (See the Slash Commands section for usage)
    Code:
    v1.3.0

System
    * New: Added Safe's Buff Library (LibSBuff)
    * New: Added Safe's Table Library (LibSata)
    * New: Added Safe's GUI Library (LibSGui)

Slash Commands
    * /kbmdefault
    ** Change: This command now requires a parameter. Parameters are NOT case sensitive.
    ** New Parameter: All = This will reset all the defaults for supported commands below, and future commands.
    ** New Parameter: RCButton = Resets the Ready Check mini-map button.
    ** New Parameter: Button = Resets the KBM mini-map button.
    ** New Parameter: Menu = Resets the KBM Menu Window positioning.

Buff System
    * Change: The entire Buff system and Tracking has switched over to LibSBuff

Ready Check
    * New: Typing /kbmdefault will also reset the position of the Ready Check button.
    * Change: Now uses LibSBuff instead of KBM's old Buff system.

Tank Swap
    * Note: This still uses direct Buff polling, but will eventually be moved over to exclusively use LibSBuff.

Infernal Dawn
    * Laethys
    ** New: The final phase debuff [Touch of Gold] is now flagged as important.
    ** New: Added Tank-Swap support for Eye of Laethys.
    * Maelforge Ember Eggs
    ** New: Added personal interrupt alert and stop trigger for the Cannons' Magma Blast.
    * Maelforge Final
    ** New: Added initial timer for Fissures in Phase 1.
    ** New: Added tracking for Magma Cannons.
    ** New: Added an initial timer for the first Hellfire after the last Cannon has been destroyed.
    ** New: Added Phase 3, with Cannon kill count objective.
    ** New: Added personal interrupt alert and stop trigger for the Cannons' Magma Blast.
    ** Change: The Hellfire timer during Cannon Phase will now stop after the 4th Cannon is destroyed.
    ** Change: "Phase: Final" now refers to Phase 4. Maelforge from 30% after last Cannon is destroyed.

Rise of the Phoenix
    * High Priest Arakhurn
    ** Change: Updated the Trigger methods for both Boss versions to be the new TID. This should prevent incorrect encounter starts during RP.

Greenscale's Blight
    * Lord Greenscale
    ** Fixed: The phase monitor should now continue to progress even with excessive DPS.
    Last edited by Semele; 10-07-2012 at 03:11 PM.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

+ Reply to Thread