+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Inspect.Item.Detail() incomplete?

Default Inspect.Item.Detail() incomplete?

Since the Command.Tooltip() functionality is currently limited, I am attempting to write my own.

However, I have a problem.

/script dump(Inspect.Item.Detail("si04.022"))

12:45:01: [/script] {category = "consumable enchantment", crafter = "Adelea", icon = "Data/\\UI\\item_icons\\rune_5_b_violet_a.dds", id = "i054800000162BD00", name = "Blazing Insightful Rune", rarity = "rare", sell = 464, stack = 19, stackMax = 20, type = "I695E1E1FB48E8050,4517B49B58F1351C,,,,,,"}

So, no information about what the rune itself does - is there anyway to get that ?

The default tooltips can display the information that they give +13 Intelligence, and usable on Chest, Shoulders - but I havent found any way of finding that via API calls.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

It is not really incomplete, it simply does not contain information which is not present, and the type string "I695E1E1FB48E8050,4517B49B58F1351C,,,,,," tells me the item does not have any rune on it. Items which are not runed do not have rune information in their detail table. Similarly, items which are no containers, don't have a "slots" member and so on. The function documentation tells you all the members which can be returned in the detail table.

Alternatively (for people who read stickies ) there's seebs browsable documentation: http://www.seebs.net/rift/live/index.html
    Last edited by Imhothar; 08-23-2012 at 05:18 AM.
    Author of the Imhothar's Bags addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhothar View Post
    It is not really incomplete, it simply does not contain information which is not present, and the type string "I695E1E1FB48E8050,4517B49B58F1351C,,,,,," tells me the item does not have any rune on it. Items which are not runed do not have rune information in their detail table. Similarly, items which are no containers, don't have a "slot" member and so on. The function documentation tells you all the members which can be returned in the detail table.

Alternatively (for people who read stickies ) there's seebs browsable documentation: http://www.seebs.net/rift/live/index.html
    It doesnt have a rune attached, because it IS a rune!

Inspect.Item.Detail() on a rune that hasnt been attached to anything doesnt give any of the stats for the rune itself.

Once it's attached to an item, then Inspect.Item.Detail() on the item gives a statsRune member, that contains the stats.

13:11:10: [/script] {category = "consumable enchantment", crafter = "Adelea", icon = "Data/\\UI\\item_icons\\rune_5_b_yellow_a.dds", id = "i04E78000218C3CF1", name = "Blazing Deft Rune", rarity = "rare", sell = 464, stack = 11, stackMax = 20, type = "I79FA8C1363AA186F,4D71EA7C1E421332,,,,,,"}

So, this is the Inspect.Item.Detail() for a Blazing Deft Rune (+13 dex on Chest/Shoulders)

Compared w/

13:09:33: [/script] {bind = "pickup", bound = true, category = "armor plate shoulders", icon = "Data/\\UI\\item_icons\\hk_plate_shoulders.dds", id = "i04E78000201FDA80", name = "Rasmolov's Rune-Etched Spaulders", rarity = "epic", requiredCalling = "warrior", requiredLevel = 50, stats = {armor = 1146, critAttack = 29, dexterity = 21, endurance = 18, powerAttack = 14, strength = 43}, statsRune = {dexterity = 13}, type = "I332DC2D448E3B4F8,40A63885A5FA2134,,,,,r531D12F64 D843332,"}

Which is an item w/ the rune attached.

There doesnt seem to be any way of finding what the stats are of a rune, nor where it can be used - and these are things I would expect to be in Inspect.Item.Detail()
    Last edited by Adelea; 08-23-2012 at 05:13 AM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

That's becasue the rune item itself does not have any stats. A piece of armor does. It's a consumable which casts a spell and in fact it's the properties of the spell you want to know, which afaik there is no way of retrieving from the game.
    Last edited by Imhothar; 08-23-2012 at 05:23 AM.
    Author of the Imhothar's Bags addon.

Wherever the stats come from, Inspect.Item.Detail() should provide the means to discover it - so I maintain that it is incomplete.

There are other things that I have found are missing in Inspect.Item.Detail()

- there is no information as to which slots the item can go it
    - there is no information if the item has a proc effect
    - there is no infomration if the item has a use effect
    - no information if item is part of set (ie linking items to a synergy crystal)
    - no information if the item is salvagable/runebreakable
    Last edited by Adelea; 08-24-2012 at 01:46 AM.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Adelea View Post
    Wherever the stats come from, Inspect.Item.Detail() should provide the means to discover it - so I maintain that it is incomplete.

There are other things that I have found are missing in Inspect.Item.Detail()

- there is no information if the item has a proc effect
    - no information if item is part of set (ie linking items to a synergy crystal)
    - no information if the item is salvagable/runebreakable
    Thanks for the list, this is actually helpful We need to do another pass on Inspect.Item.Detail() to add missing elements like these - if you run into any more, let us know and I'll toss them into the todo list.

Check out Outfitter. I parse the item category to determine slot(s).

Check if the item has a cooldown. If it does, it has an on-use.

While we're on the topic it would be exceedingly helpful if we could spawn an item tooltip that was... positionable on the mouse when MouseIn / MouseOut a certain frame. I can spawn one, but it bounces to top left of UI.Parent instead of where the user's tip frame actually is... making it kind of useless.

I think we'd all rather not reconstruct our own tooltips left and right.

+ Reply to Thread