+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Addon] TextureViewer

Default [Addon] TextureViewer

Since we now have the possibility to lookup texture paths on the PTS I'm now releasing a little addon I'v been using myself for a while, named TextureViewer. It is available on Curseforge and RiftUI.

Here is the description:
    General Information
    With TextureViewer you can record and view the UI textures used by the RIFT client.

Note that this addon is targetted at Addon developers and should be deactivated if not used as it may decrease the game's performance while loaded.

Once activated the addon starts the game's builtin texture recording mechanism and stores it on UI reloads/logouts. The textures can then be viewed after the UI reload in the TextureViewer window (opened with the command /tv). The addon filters out textures which can be downloaded from Trion's FTP site at ftp://ftp.trionworlds.com/rift/assets/.

Textures are displayed on top of a checkerboard background as known from popular image editing software. Using the Background checkbox you can toggle a black background for the texture so you can see it's full extent and mask out transaprent regions. You can zoom the texture using the mouse wheel and pan it around with the left mouse button if it exceeds the available frame size.

The addon will come shipped with some prelisted texture files in the near future and more will be added as more and more textures are discovered and categorized. Note that texture recording works only on the PTS, however you can look at the prelisted ones in the live client (if present).

Warning
    Texture files with the pattern AAFDialog_I10.dds are randomly generated on each RIFT build and are thus not consistent. You are discouraged to use them unless you have no problem with checking their validity after each RIFT patch. The checkbox Randomized Names controls whether these are displayed in the list or not (requires a UI reload).
    It currently does not have any prelisted textures but I'm working on incorporating the list I've been working on in the past.
    Author of the Imhothar's Bags addon.

Imho,

Just got around to trying this out on the PTS (to test the new marks with Baanano). It's fantastic, nice job!

- Wild.

Gadgets: Unit Frames and Other Stuff for RIFT

New version 1.2 is out, updated for the new event system and the much requested feature of supporting the up/down arrow keys in the texture list.

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Imhothar View Post
    the much requested feature of supporting the up/down arrow keys in the texture list.

yes that is 10 Thumbs up!
    Last edited by Noshei; 07-26-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Imhothar View Post
    New version 1.2 is out, updated for the new event system and the much requested feature of supporting the up/down arrow keys in the texture list.

Enjoy
    I updated to 1.2 and it errors on start up because blacklist.lua is missing. Am I meant to keep the blacklist.lua from the old 1.0.1 version?

Thanks,
    Mere

Argh sometimes the packager ignores just a bit too much. Fixed in 1.2.1, sorry about that.

+ Reply to Thread