+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [Addon] Noshei's Gadget Templates

Default [Addon] Noshei's Gadget Templates

So here's me realizing that I never posted this addon here. It's been out there for a few months now as well.

You can download the latest version of this addon on RiftUI or Curse.

This is a couple of new templates for Gadgets Unit and Raid Frames.

**This Requires that Gadgets by Wildtide be installed**

Mini Raid Frame: A minimal and small raid frame template designed to provide important information without using excessive screen space.
    Simple Raid Frame: A modified version of Wildtide's Simple Frame, designed with the raid environment in mind.
    Health/Mana Bars: A set of vertically aligned bars to display health and mana. Each bar is separately configurable.
    Double Bar: This unit frame is designed for style and simplicity. There are two styles available to fade in different directions.

Additional Functionality:
    Raid Frames will fade in color when a player is beyond 35m or is out of line of sight.

Mini Raid Fram and Health/Mana Bars:
    [Addon] Noshei's Gadget Templates-nosheigadgets.jpg

Simple Raid Frame:
    [Addon] Noshei's Gadget Templates-gadgets-simple.png

Double Bar:
    [Addon] Noshei's Gadget Templates-doublebar1.png
    Last edited by ZorbaTHut; 10-17-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Oh how I wish I had raid frames with Mana bars included when I used to Archon.
    Repeatedly checking the mana level of all the Clerics in the raid was a pain.
    Nope.

I really like the elegant simplicity of the double bar template

Gadgets: Unit Frames and Other Stuff for RIFT

Quote Originally Posted by DoomSprout View Post
    I really like the elegant simplicity of the double bar template
    Yeah that was the idea, simple with a bit of style. I had though about adding some combat data to it, but felt it would add to much to it.

yeah i like them specially simple frame you should
    however make it so when they select a frame its gets highlighted
    and also when they have agro

heres example of agro http://i49.tinypic.com/357ggna.jpg
    heres example of selecting http://i46.tinypic.com/20p7a1f.jpg

also need to add mark numbers (see pic one) (code: {mark})

ofc these are frames i did customized of exsisting simple raid frames (this is only for me)

however heres some code i did for selecting
    im sure this can be made in your addon as separate thing

fuction CalculateCastChanges() of gadget
    Code:
    	if WT.Units then
    		for unitChange in pairs(WT.Units) do
    			WT.Units[unitChange].selectColor = { r = 0, g = 0, b = 0, a = 1 }
    			if WT.Units[unitChange].id == Inspect.Unit.Lookup("player.target") then
    				WT.Units[unitChange].selectColor = { r = 1, g = 1, b = 1, a = 1 }
    			end
    			if Inspect.Unit.Detail(unitChange) then 
    				if Inspect.Unit.Detail(unitChange).availability == 'partial' then
    					WT.Units[unitChange].CrachColor = { r = 0, g = 1, b = 1, a = 1 }
    				end
    				if Inspect.Unit.Detail(unitChange).availability == 'none' then
    					WT.Units[unitChange].CrachColor = { r = 0, g = 0, b = 1, a = 1 }
    				end
    				if Inspect.Unit.Detail(unitChange).availability == 'full' then
    					WT.Units[unitChange].CrachColor = { r = 0, g = 0, b = 0, a = 0 }
    				end
    			end 
    		end
    	end
    i ment to make it also so when they crash it would change color HOWEVER that dosent work BUT this "Inspect.Unit.Detail(unitChange).*" do works when there teleporting or getting rezed was not intended for this but works like a charm

ofc its up to you if you wanna do these changes :-) just some ideas cause i was realy missing those 3things its why i decided to add it myself

aggroColor its posible it also shows if there in combat i dident whanted that so i commented --elseif unit.combat
    so i had cleared picture but can easly add a new virtualproperty im sure you know how it works :-)

if you want the template to add it in your addon feel free to give me an im and im happy to send it for you to use as you wish

Greetings

awesome, thanks bro.
    Wrek 9/9 2/4
    Retired

Ascendant

Noshei,

I see how you have added the ability to hide certain debuffs but I was wondering would it be possible to make a second set of frames that allow you to only adjust the debuffs you want to be seen instead of having to filter out.

for example the option to only show heal debuffs...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Noshei,

I see how you have added the ability to hide certain debuffs but I was wondering would it be possible to make a second set of frames that allow you to only adjust the debuffs you want to be seen instead of having to filter out.

for example the option to only show heal debuffs...

Thanks
    I think what you're asking for is related more to Gadgets itself, rather than explicitly in Noshei's templates.

The Gadgets:Buffs addon brings with it a much more flexible mechanism for filtering buffs, and once I've finished working on this and the Gadgets:Warden addon, my plan is to bring this buff filtering back into the main Gadgets addon, where it can be used for the buff panels that are built into the various unit frames.

Once this is done, all of the existing unit frame templates should be able to benefit from these new options.

Filtering things like 'Healing Debuffs' may be difficult though. I don't think we can tell the type of a buff/debuff through the API, so it would require a full list of all of the possible buffs of each type.

Ascendant

I think what you're asking for is related more to Gadgets itself, rather than explicitly in Noshei's templates.

The Gadgets:Buffs addon brings with it a much more flexible mechanism for filtering buffs, and once I've finished working on this and the Gadgets:Warden addon, my plan is to bring this buff filtering back into the main Gadgets addon, where it can be used for the buff panels that are built into the various unit frames.

Once this is done, all of the existing unit frame templates should be able to benefit from these new options.

Filtering things like 'Healing Debuffs' may be difficult though. I don't think we can tell the type of a buff/debuff through the API, so it would require a full list of all of the possible buffs of each type.
    I went ahead and just filtered every ability but the ones i wanted took a while but seems to function as intended.. I am having one issue with making the names calling colored it works well but when applying to a green background it is hard to read, is there a way to put a black shadow around names?
    "bros to come at me!"

Ascendant

Even after telling it to block debuffs alot still slip through.... Is their a way currently to make it block everything except the ones you specify... I tried for a bit with priorities but can't seem to figure it out...

Thanks
    "bros to come at me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Even after telling it to block debuffs alot still slip through.... Is their a way currently to make it block everything except the ones you specify... I tried for a bit with priorities but can't seem to figure it out...

Thanks
    Oh, you're editing template code, not just using the configuration dialogs? In that case, there should be a way to do it without waiting for me to add in more filtering options. I'll have a look at the code and find the best way to do it.

There are a couple of options, but the simplest is...

In the template file, there will be a BuffPanel element declaration, something like:

Code:
    {
        id="buffPanelDebuffs", type="BuffPanel", parent="frame", layer=90,
        attach = {{ point="BOTTOMRIGHT", element="frame", targetPoint="BOTTOMRIGHT", offsetX=-1, offsetY=-1 }},
        rows=1, cols=5, iconSize=20, iconSpacingHorizontal=1, iconSpacingVertical=1, borderThickness=1, 
        acceptLowPriorityBuffs=false, acceptMediumPriorityBuffs=false, acceptHighPriorityBuffs=false, acceptCriticalPriorityBuffs=false,
        acceptLowPriorityDebuffs=true, acceptMediumPriorityDebuffs=true, acceptHighPriorityDebuffs=true, acceptCriticalPriorityDebuffs=true,
        growthDirection = "left_up", borderColor={r=1,g=1,b=1,a=1},
        sweepOverlay=false,
        acceptBuffs = { "Motif of Bravery" = true, "Motif of Grandeur" = true,  },
    },
    If you look at the last line, I've added a new option 'acceptBuffs'. If this is present, it overrides all other buff filter settings on the panel, and acts as a whitelist of buffs the panel will show.

Ascendant

There are a couple of options, but the simplest is...

In the template file, there will be a BuffPanel element declaration, something like:

Code:
    {
        id="buffPanelDebuffs", type="BuffPanel", parent="frame", layer=90,
        attach = {{ point="BOTTOMRIGHT", element="frame", targetPoint="BOTTOMRIGHT", offsetX=-1, offsetY=-1 }},
        rows=1, cols=5, iconSize=20, iconSpacingHorizontal=1, iconSpacingVertical=1, borderThickness=1, 
        acceptLowPriorityBuffs=false, acceptMediumPriorityBuffs=false, acceptHighPriorityBuffs=false, acceptCriticalPriorityBuffs=false,
        acceptLowPriorityDebuffs=true, acceptMediumPriorityDebuffs=true, acceptHighPriorityDebuffs=true, acceptCriticalPriorityDebuffs=true,
        growthDirection = "left_up", borderColor={r=1,g=1,b=1,a=1},
        sweepOverlay=false,
        acceptBuffs = { "Motif of Bravery" = true, "Motif of Grandeur" = true,  },
    },
    If you look at the last line, I've added a new option 'acceptBuffs'. If this is present, it overrides all other buff filter settings on the panel, and acts as a whitelist of buffs the panel will show.
    Thanks for the help..
    "bros to come at me!"

Ascendant

Inserting that in gives me a

Error: '}' expected near '='
    "bros to come at me!"

Ascendant

I changed it to

acceptBuffs =
    {