+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KaruulAlert v1.31.1 bugged?

Default KaruulAlert v1.31.1 bugged?

Trying to create a new set, only ability appearing in library is 'attack'
    tried redo'ing ability scan "[Karuul's Alerting System] no yield: (0.100000s)" etc
    tried manually typing in name and setting up "Alert failed to add - Item not found"
    Last edited by GoldChrish; 08-11-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

Whoa, sorry for the chat spam. That's only supposed to show when debugging and profiling is enabled.

This issue should not affect the actual detection of abilities however. Have you tried changing specs after enabling the ability scanner?

Since I had already made a bugfix release today, I decided not to do another for just fixing the spam. I was not able to reproduce the issue you describe with version 1.31.1; abilities are found normally.
    However, since I wasn't happy with the ability scanner anyway, I've started work on some major improvements to it. So far, they look promising.
    • CPU usage has been lowered dramatically. You can now actually play with the scanner enabled and not notice.
    • The entire raid and their targets are now monitored for buffs while the scanner is active. This will allow you to quickly find buffs in a boss encounter without necessarily having a specific target selected.

It worked fine for me during tonight's ID raid, but I want to give it some more testing before I release a new version.

could be my end, ill play with it a lil more later tonight
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

If you're still having issues, you could also try the 1.32 beta, available from the usual download sites.

Happening to a couple people i know too.

When you enable learn abilities they show up in the chat box. But when you try to add sub sets and type into the Buff: field it doesnt bring up the menu for you to click the ability. Thus you cant set up any alerts.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    When you enable learn abilities they show up in the chat box. But when you try to add sub sets and type into the Buff: field it doesnt bring up the menu for you to click the ability. Thus you cant set up any alerts.
    Most likely this is because the auto-completion for buff names was case sensitive and you weren't typing it in exactly the right case.
    It's apparently been like that since before I started working on KaruulAlert, I just never realized because I always typed them in the original casing without thinking about it.

Version 1.33.2 makes the auto-completion case insensitive.
    Last edited by Thorarin; 09-03-2012 at 12:02 PM.

KaruulAlert maintainer/co-author (Curse / Rift UI)

Well adding new debuffs doesnt seem to be working. Specifically Spotters order.
    Daglar has not made any friends yet

Quote Originally Posted by Congreve View Post
    Well adding new debuffs doesnt seem to be working. Specifically Spotters order.
    I think this may have been introduced in 1.33.0. When you type "Spo", there is only one match which caused the drop down to not show. Should be fixed in 1.33.3.

KaruulAlert maintainer/co-author (Curse / Rift UI)

Yup it was case sensitive thanks. Noticed another issue. When you die sometimes karuul quits providing alerts. I noticed on chain laethys pulls every few deaths my notifications for CoJ or resonance will stop displaying even thouth they are active. So i have to go in and edit them, and re save to get them to work again. Specifically if resonance is bugged i will edit it, backspace over the 'e' in Resonance, edit the timer of '30' by backspacing over and re typing the 0. Then save. Super annoying because i might not notice till the fight is on and now i have to manually check motifs and resonance while dodging mechanics. Is there a fix in the works? I also notice wg and illuminate borks sometimes but i notice coj and resonance every pulls. It just seems random. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread