+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ZorbaTHut

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Buff.Add Improvements

Default Buff.Add Improvements

We all know (well, those of us dealing with Buffs) that one issue is the Buff.Add system. Yes, you can optimize it, and yes there are ways to keep things to a minimum.

BUT, there could be a much better way. Buff.Add by default SHOULD supply a table with 3 entries. Buff ID, Buff Type and Buff Name. This could allow us poor developers a way to avoid calling Inspect.Buff.Detail when filtering via the Name or Type.

Just an idea, but that would allow for far greater optimization.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

From what I understand, in the next major patch Event.Buff.Add will be changed.
    Instead of it being called with a table in the form { buffid = true }, it will be { buffid = bufftype }.

While it doesn't provide the buff name you suggested, it should be possible to do the desired optimization.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorarin View Post
    From what I understand, in the next major patch Event.Buff.Add will be changed.
    Instead of it being called with a table in the form { buffid = true }, it will be { buffid = bufftype }.

While it doesn't provide the buff name you suggested, it should be possible to do the desired optimization.
    Ahh, that will be much better. That will open the door for massive performance boosts by filtering before requiring a call to Inspect.

I'm happy with that.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Semele View Post
    Ahh, that will be much better. That will open the door for massive performance boosts by filtering before requiring a call to Inspect.

I'm happy with that.
    Note that this change was inspired by this very thread, so, thanks for the suggestion ;)

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    Note that this change was inspired by this very thread, so, thanks for the suggestion ;)
    Thank you!
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

+ Reply to Thread