+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Raid Debuff Monitor

Default Raid Debuff Monitor

NOTE - This is NOT my work!! The addon is Adelea's but since he hasn't posted it here and he coded it at my request I thought i'd introduce it.

Its a new addon which measures, and records the uptime of all raid debuffs on a mob as well as showing a 'live' indicator of which debuffs are up on a target at any given time.

Customisable to which debuffs you want to watch, resizable, adjustable for accuracy/memory use, and for length of fight before retaining the data, saves over 200 fights worth of info.

Adelea has really surpassed all my expectations when i originally asked him what he could do for me on this project a couple of weeks ago. Massive thanks to him for this addon, hope you all enjoy it and find it useful.

http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info...ffMonitor.html

Also available on curse.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Plane Walker

You pointed this addon out in another thread to me and now that I have tried it I have to say this is the best addon for what it does. It's insanely well-made and got all the things you want when checking debuffs.

Thank you very much for the link/addon. This is perfect for me.

Also things that would be good additions in the addon:

EXACT the same but with some important short time buffs aswell. For me that would include:
    Resonance
    and the choice to track uptime of:
    1 stack of Abyssal Mark or Power/Golem Inductor
    2 stack of Abyssal Mark or Power/Golem Inductor
    3 stack of Abyssal Mark or Power/Golem Inductor
    4 stack of Abyssal Mark or Power/Golem Inductor
    4 stack of Abyssal Mark or Power/Golem Inductor

Glad you like it Mr Onions, in my opinion its a peach of a tool for anyone fine tuning thier raid. Here is a little history first -

My goal when i asked Adelea to sort this out for our guild was to try to improve our overall raid DPS. I was looking hard at my warrior, and noting that over a fair period of time, several raid cycles, that I was able to hit pretty much my theoretical max DPS in a self buffed dumby situation, but in raids I was falling short of the mark, all I could put this down to was buffs/debuffs. So I wanted to discover exactly what was going on with our raids synergy, find the holes and get them sorted.

So, coming back to resonance, I agree with you, as a powerful raid wide buff i'd say its worth tracking, dunno how much work Adelea has on atm, but if i know him he'll find a way to monitor it if he can.

Regarding AMoP and GI, I'm not really interested from a raid DPS persepctive, since they are individual and you cannot really influence their uptime its not something that i see as a part of this addon's intended purpose. Though it would be very nice to have an addon that would monitor it for personal interest, maybe it would be a good 'gadget' for that series of addons.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    Glad you like it Mr Onions, in my opinion its a peach of a tool for anyone fine tuning thier raid. Here is a little history first -

My goal when i asked Adelea to sort this out for our guild was to try to improve our overall raid DPS. I was looking hard at my warrior, and noting that over a fair period of time, several raid cycles, that I was able to hit pretty much my theoretical max DPS in a self buffed dumby situation, but in raids I was falling short of the mark, all I could put this down to was buffs/debuffs. So I wanted to discover exactly what was going on with our raids synergy, find the holes and get them sorted.

So, coming back to resonance, I agree with you, as a powerful raid wide buff i'd say its worth tracking, dunno how much work Adelea has on atm, but if i know him he'll find a way to monitor it if he can.

Regarding AMoP and GI, I'm not really interested from a raid DPS persepctive, since they are individual and you cannot really influence their uptime its not something that i see as a part of this addon's intended purpose. Though it would be very nice to have an addon that would monitor it for personal interest, maybe it would be a good 'gadget' for that series of addons.
    Amop and GI was just added there because the uptime tracking would finally make it so its easy to see if conquest or amop/gi is best on different fights. Resonance though, is very important to make this addon the best. Without resonance you can still lose valuable dps due to debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    Resonance is up when the 3 bard motifs are up (Bravery, Focus and Tenacity) so, although I'm no expert, it seems like it would be easy enough to code that condition to add it in.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Bizar View Post
    Resonance is up when the 3 bard motifs are up (Bravery, Focus and Tenacity) so, although I'm no expert, it seems like it would be easy enough to code that condition to add it in.
    Just checking if Resonance is up seems to be easier than 3 motifs, just saying :P (Resonance is a separate buff)

How does this addon stack up to "buff watch"?

http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/buff-watch
    Calm As A Bomb

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by MRFabulouss View Post

+ Keeps track of uptime and cover more debuffs.

- Doesn't track buffs, such as resonance.

Thats about it. This addon has abit more depth in it but it doesn't cover resonance so you need something to complement this with atm/until thats fixed.

1.9r4 - Added some new groups:
    +CRITICAL II = Earthen Barrage
    +DAMAGE = Volcanic Bomb / Natural Dedication
    +STATS = Resonance
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

Quote Originally Posted by Whaitiing View Post
    Just checking if Resonance is up seems to be easier than 3 motifs, just saying :P (Resonance is a separate buff)
    Ofc! I just wan't sure if Resonance showed up as a buff for some reason. Looks like it is in now anyway

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by MRFabulouss View Post

Also shows the correct icon for the buff that is applied, and not just a set icon for that group of debuffs/buffs.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Adelea View Post
    1.9r4 - Added some new groups:
    +CRITICAL II = Earthen Barrage
    +DAMAGE = Volcanic Bomb / Natural Dedication
    +STATS = Resonance
    omgomgomg, best addon eu!!

Ty for these changes, you just made an awesome addon even better.

Edit: when it's available for download. It seems to be awaiting some approval atm.
    Last edited by mr3onion; 08-09-2012 at 05:18 AM.

Its also available at curse, here's the link to the new release -

http://rift.curseforge.com/addons/raiddebuffmonitor/

I guess RiftUI admin is still asleep (assuming they're in USA)

Kudos Adelea (and Ambi) for this awesome project!

Champion

First off, terrific addon -- its an awesome help for anyone coordinating/leading raids and wanting to get everyone the tip-to of their game.

Secondly, a couple suggestions: Able to make the bar grow Vertically, so it'd be easier to place against the side of the screen and expand outward into the middle. And then the ability to hide/remove that blue bar that shows what debuffs you're tracking on which target.

Overall though, A+++, I dig it and look forward to using and abusing this addon.
    [CENTER]
    Cleric Tank - Trinity - 100k HP Club
    3/3 IG | 4/5 PB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast