+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chat Messages

Rift Disciple

Default Chat Messages

Hi,
    New at lua/addons, but have plenty of programming experience. I am just trying to build a simple add on and was wondering if anyone can tell me the API calls for sending chat commands (i.e. raid warning, raid chat, guild chat, officer chat, etc) if there is an interface for this, or a good starting point to look..

I spent some time looking last night, but it was 2am and I might have been blind, could not find anything.

Also if I am checking a unit for a buff, and I want it to be checking as often as possible when I turn it on, what would be the most efficient thing to use for this?

Thanks
    Opalisk - Mage Officer
    Aegis - Hailol
    4/4 GA, 2/3 IG
    www.aegisguild.com

unfortunately we don't have direct access to those. You can setup macros to send messages to chat, but I believe they will only work if the user uses the macro (which can be setup in any number of ways)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    unfortunately we don't have direct access to those. You can setup macros to send messages to chat, but I believe they will only work if the user uses the macro (which can be setup in any number of ways)
    Was afraid of this, being it was not obvious in the API documentation. The intent of this (for now anyway) is for me to run this alone, and have it send raid warnings. So you are saying, I can make a macro to do chat and call it from an addon?
    Opalisk - Mage Officer
    Aegis - Hailol
    4/4 GA, 2/3 IG
    www.aegisguild.com

+ Reply to Thread