+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Command.Mail.* questions

Default Command.Mail.* questions

I've noticed that if I open a bunch of auction mails, and take the proceeds, then some mails get deleted, and some dont...

Just now, I had 66 mails to open, and at the end of the process, I still had 32 mails with no attachments left in mailbox.

What causes this, and is there something I can do to get around it - I would ideally like for all mails that have their attachments taken, to be deleted, not just some of them!

If I do another scan of mails, then Inspect.Mail.Detail().attachments still returns the table listing the attachment.

If I close and reopen the mail window, then do another scan, I get (as expected) Inspect.Mail.Detail().attachments = nil, and can then delete them.

Is there some way of clearing out the cached values or forcing a proper rescan? Having to close and reopen the window feels a bit clunky -- of course, if I can get them to delete properly when their contents are taken, then this is a bit moot.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

This is something I have been looking at as well and have mentioned to Zorba. It appears to be an issue on the server side.

I haven't gotten everything rigged up just yet to deal with this in Easy Mail yet, but I've got a a fairly simple method of dealing with it.

Right now I create a table of all of the messages and add a Deleted key to that table when I have taken all of the attachments from it. I'm planning on adding in an extra loop to check for this key, and then using Command.Mail.Delete to actually delete them.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Adelea View Post
    If I do another scan of mails, then Inspect.Mail.Detail().attachments still returns the table listing the attachment.

If I close and reopen the mail window, then do another scan, I get (as expected) Inspect.Mail.Detail().attachments = nil, and can then delete them.
    This is probably a bug, those should be stripped out. I'll put it on the TODO list.

The error with mails not being deleted is also probably a bug but may take longer to fix.

+ Reply to Thread