+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Quest ID's and consistency thereof

Default Quest ID's and consistency thereof

Are quest ID's consistent and always the same for everyone?

Currently, in the GSB chronicle, the zone quest "The Fallen Prince" has a quest ID of q2144167A0987645A

Now, reading the API documentation:

Code:
         Inspect.Quest.Complete
                    Function documentation:
                            Returns a table of all quests completed.
                                    quests = Inspect.Quest.Complete()   -- table <- void
                    Return values:
                                    quests: A table where the key is the incomplete quest identifier. Identifiers returned by this function may not include all characters - the last eight characters may be replaced by "xxxxxxxx". These elements can still be compared against standard quest IDs by comparing only the first nine characters (including the 'q' prefix).
    This suggests that only the q + the first 8 characters of the identifier are significant?

So if I want to reliably determine if someone is on 'The Fallen Prince' quest, do I need to check for:

ID = q2144167A0987645A

or is it better/safer to check for

ID = q2144167A
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Adelea View Post
    Are quest ID's consistent and always the same for everyone?

Currently, in the GSB chronicle, the zone quest "The Fallen Prince" has a quest ID of q2144167A0987645A

Now, reading the API documentation:

Code:
         Inspect.Quest.Complete
                    Function documentation:
                            Returns a table of all quests completed.
                                    quests = Inspect.Quest.Complete()   -- table <- void
                    Return values:
                                    quests: A table where the key is the incomplete quest identifier. Identifiers returned by this function may not include all characters - the last eight characters may be replaced by "xxxxxxxx". These elements can still be compared against standard quest IDs by comparing only the first nine characters (including the 'q' prefix).
    This suggests that only the q + the first 8 characters of the identifier are significant?

So if I want to reliably determine if someone is on 'The Fallen Prince' quest, do I need to check for:

ID = q2144167A0987645A

or is it better/safer to check for

ID = q2144167A
    You'll only ever see two quest IDs for that quest - q2144167A0987645A or q2144167Axxxxxxxx. The second format is used in extremely rare cases where the full quest ID isn't available. I *think* that happens only with the Inspect.Quest.Complete() function.

If you get a full 64-bit ID, you'll get the same ID as everyone else.

Perfect

I'm only interested in current active quests, so the full 64bit ID will do.

- thank you for the confirmation/clarification!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    You'll only ever see two quest IDs for that quest - q2144167A0987645A or q2144167Axxxxxxxx. The second format is used in extremely rare cases where the full quest ID isn't available. I *think* that happens only with the Inspect.Quest.Complete() function.

If you get a full 64-bit ID, you'll get the same ID as everyone else.
    I have another question: when I extract the quests XML file (from discoveries), it contains decimals for the quest IDs. In the example here, the value 558110330 for "The Fallen Prince". Converted to hex that is 2144167a (btw. are the quest identifier strings case sensitive, that is 2144167a ~= 2144167A?).

Obviously this isn't the full quest ID. Can I still use this to get quest details with Inspect.Quest.Detail()? If so, how? Yesterday I tried:
    - q2144167a -> think I got an "invalid method usage" error with this
    - q2144167axxxxxxxx -> results in "invalid method usage" error also
    - q2144167a00000000 -> no results found

So...is it possible to get quest details using the Ids from the XML? Or can they only be used to compare against Inspect.Quest.Complete() (with the "xxxxxxxx" added)?

Both:

/script dump(Inspect.Quest.Detail("q2144167A0987645A"))
    /script dump(Inspect.Quest.Detail("q2144167a0987645a"))

Give the same results. The leading "q" does however need to be in lowercase.

I suspect the quest.xml just hasnt as yet been updated with the new quest IDs - I noticed that souls data also contained old ability IDs, which Zorba confirmed needed updating.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Adelea View Post
    Both:

/script dump(Inspect.Quest.Detail("q2144167A0987645A"))
    /script dump(Inspect.Quest.Detail("q2144167a0987645a"))

Give the same results. The leading "q" does however need to be in lowercase.

I suspect the quest.xml just hasnt as yet been updated with the new quest IDs - I noticed that souls data also contained old ability IDs, which Zorba confirmed needed updating.
    Thanks. I hope that the quest IDs get updated sometime soon then I tried a bit more getting the short IDs from the XML file to work with Inspect.Quest.Detail(), but had no success. They're fine for checking with Inspect.Quest.Complete() (with "xxxxxxxx" added) tho.

+ Reply to Thread