+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: How to find players actual zone?

Default How to find players actual zone?

Is there anyway to find a players actual zone ?

Inspect.Zone.Detail(Inspect.Unit.Detail("player"). zone).name = Droughtlands

Whereas I am actually in Primeval Feast, the Zone column on the Roster/Info page on the guild shows me in Primeval Feast, so something knows what the actual zone I am in, is.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Adelea View Post
    Is there anyway to find a players actual zone ?

Inspect.Zone.Detail(Inspect.Unit.Detail("player"). zone).name = Droughtlands

Whereas I am actually in Primeval Feast, the Zone column on the Roster/Info page on the guild shows me in Primeval Feast, so something knows what the actual zone I am in, is.
    The Inspect.Unit.Detail() result should be the same code that's used when mouseovering a player. Next time you have a chance, try mouseovering a raid member while they're in Primeval Feast and you're not - I suspect it'll say "Droughtlands".

That might be considered a bug, note

The Guild column will have to wait for a Guild API.

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    I so hope this and the Contacts are on the hot list to be done soon, would be great if they are!

Does Inspect.Unit.Detail("player").locationName not return either the subzone if applicable, or zone name if there is no subzone?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorandii View Post
    Does Inspect.Unit.Detail("player").locationName not return either the subzone if applicable, or zone name if there is no subzone?
    It does, but it if you are in a sliver, it will give the name of the part of the parent zone you are in - f/ex Primeval Feast, I think you get a locationName of Redoubt.

I do however, have a workaround!

I realised this morning, that all these zones have zone quests to kill all the bosses - so by tracking the gain/loss of this quest I can work out if people are in a sliver.

Obviously if the bosses are dead, it wont work, but its a start!

Hopefully quest IDs are consistent across all players/characters -- they seem to be the same for players on an account :

local allzoneQuest = {
    ["q2144167A0987645A"] = { qn = "The Fallen Prince", qz = "Chronicle: Greenscale's Blight" },
    ["q5C975261188C5B9C"] = { qn = "Runes of Corruption", qz = "Hammerknell Fortress: Runes of Corruption" },
    ["q3A296526271E1DCD"] = { qn = "Chains of Death", qz = "River of Souls: Chains of Death" },
    ["q6F5D39887D8A8ED3"] = { qn = "The Drowned Halls", qz = "The Drowned Halls" },
    ["q5DA5F06F782205B9"] = { qn = "The Gilded Prophecy", qz = "Gilded Prophecy" }
    }

Are the ones i've found so far this morning, we cleared PF last night, so I cant get the quest ID for that one just yet, and I'll get RotP later today.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

Interesting. So it does give you subzone or zone, as applicable, except for when the unit is in a sliver? That's odd, if I understood you correctly. What about a combination of Inspect.Unit.Detail("player").locationName and Inspect.Unit.Detail("player").zone? Or does that simply return both the name and numerical ID of the zone, defeating the question?

How very, very odd. When in a sliver, when you pull up the map, doesn't it show you where in the instance you are, and not the world map the instance is located?

The map shows the whole world with your group showing their positions.

.zone gives the zone ID for the zone that holds the sliver

From my testing this morning, the chronicles have the same sort of problem - everything indicates you are in the main zone of the instance - so Hammerknell etc., you get the locationName of where you are in the area, but again, nothing that seems to indicate that you are in a chronicle.

I saw you posted that as a bug, and I'm inclined to agree. Hazarding a guess, I'd say the bug, if that's what it truly is, is deeper than the addon API that's a main code bug.

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    The Inspect.Unit.Detail() result should be the same code that's used when mouseovering a player. Next time you have a chance, try mouseovering a raid member while they're in Primeval Feast and you're not - I suspect it'll say "Droughtlands".

That might be considered a bug, note

Mouse overing someone in a sliver when im outside, shows the locationName for them - in RotP it shows 'The Last Valley'

+ Reply to Thread