+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion: threat meter and threat plates

Soulwalker

Default Suggestion: threat meter and threat plates

As a tank, there are two addons that I miss.

One is a threat meter, like WoW's Omen. I'm surprised that the API still does not have this feature. Even WoW's default interface displays threat.

The other one is an aggro indicator in the name plates. WoW's Tidy/Threat plates display which mobs are targeting you and which are not, in the nameplates. It is a very cool addon for tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Giovanna View Post
    Even WoW's default interface displays threat.
    True, but the APIs for threat in WoW weren't introduced until late into Burning Crusade, if not Wrath of the Lich King; up until that point, Omen guessed threat, sometimes wildly inaccurately. In other words, the default interface did not show threat at all until that late into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Giovanna View Post
    The other one is an aggro indicator in the name plates. WoW's Tidy/Threat plates display which mobs are targeting you and which are not, in the nameplates. It is a very cool addon for tanks.
    Well the name plates in Rift are new, so give them time to evolve and gain features.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be nice to have the threat APIs they would be very nice. I'm just pointing out your time frame for WoW is way off.

+ Reply to Thread