+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Haptiic

Thread: Experiance Bar?

Plane Touched

Default Experiance Bar?

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that they would be adding some type of functionality to track XP in 1.9. I was just wondering if this was true and/or if anyone has made a stand alone XP bar. The main bar is to bulky to fit in my layout but I like being able to track my PA advancement. also is there any way we could get some type of a lock/unlock button/command that is separate from the main bar as well?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Haptiic View Post
    I thought I remembered reading somewhere that they would be adding some type of functionality to track XP in 1.9. I was just wondering if this was true and/or if anyone has made a stand alone XP bar. The main bar is to bulky to fit in my layout but I like being able to track my PA advancement. also is there any way we could get some type of a lock/unlock button/command that is separate from the main bar as well?
    ^this

+1
    /10chr

It would be very easy for me to knock up a couple of gadgets to do this (an XP% numeric display similar to the FPS/CPU/RangeFinder gadgets, and a bar gadget), if that'd do?

I don't think a lock/unlock button is possible though.
    Last edited by DoomSprout; 07-19-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Gadgets: Unit Frames and Other Stuff for RIFT

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by DoomSprout View Post
    It would be very easy for me to knock up a couple of gadgets to do this (an XP% numeric display similar to the FPS/CPU/RangeFinder gadgets, and a bar gadget), if that'd do?

I don't think a lock/unlock button is possible though.

Yea that would be Great. As it is I have to tuck the menu bar up in the corner and make it just small enough that I can still see how much xp I have, so anything would be a welcome addition.

Default Example XP Gadgets

Before I package up a new release of Gadgets with these added in, I thought I'd ask for any comments in case I'm missing something.

I've created two new types of Gadget, an XP indicator and a resizable XP bar (show below in normal mode, and unlocked for resizing).

The only config option right now is to turn the text on the XP bar on and off.

Experiance Bar?-xpgadgets.jpg

The green on the XP bar is not as pretty as the native bar. This is because the API doesn't currently have a way of displaying part of an image without having a fairly significant CPU impact.

I'm also not displaying rested XP right now, though I will add this to finish the gadgets off.

Plane Touched

Wow! that looks awesome. did you do that over night?! O.o

Excellent!
    I will be using this immediately
    Nope.

Telaran

Awesome! Going to try this as well. Would it be possible to make a similar thing for favor and/or prestige? Or maybe combine it into 1 configurable add-on?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Arcii View Post
    Awesome! Going to try this as well. Would it be possible to make a similar thing for favor and/or prestige? Or maybe combine it into 1 configurable add-on?
    That would be pretty cool, maybe all the faction reps as well? I don't know the first thing about coding addons in this game so I don't know who hard that would be, but it would be pretty awesome if it could be done.

Thanks for all the feedback, I'll see what else can be added. I'm pretty sure I can do something with prestige and favor, not sure about faction rep.

Wow! that looks awesome. did you do that over night?! O.o
    Thanks. It took just over half an hour I think. The main Gadgets addon does all the work, adding in extra things like this is fairly simple

I've released these as a beta, as the addon is actually undergoing a fairly large ongoing update to it's core functionality at the moment. See over here.
    Last edited by DoomSprout; 07-21-2012 at 02:15 AM.

Plane Touched

Thanks so much!that is exactly what I was looking for. You rock
    Last edited by Haptiic; 07-21-2012 at 04:59 AM.

Ascendant

Off topic but what about a conquest begins gadget timer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Off topic but what about a conquest begins gadget timer?
    I know a bunch of people are interested in this.

I'm looking at the functionality and availability of the API related to this but there are some good gadget guys that will likely beat me to it by a large margin. I don't really know bars/gadgets yet and the relevant Event Handlers other than off the spec sheet, so experimentation will be needed.

I'm not super familiar with 1.9 functionality updates, since no one besides me has really done any user text input related stuff involving frames (or anything...) since 6+ months ago (LuaPad, Notepad, SinRopa's stuff etc), so most of the code I've been reading is slightly outdated.

Anyone working on a Conquest Addon yet? If so, what events are you using? What functions are you offering?

And what are you doing with the timer functions?
    Last edited by mistmare; 07-26-2012 at 07:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread