+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lifebinder an addon needs tech support

Telaran

Default Lifebinder an addon needs tech support

Hi

I wanted to ask you, if someone could take this addon to his own projects and continue the work of this missing devs. The addon is called Lifebinder and is heavily healer focused. It has a lot of good idea and did them implement well but the addon itself keeps crashing when new member join the raid, then only /reloadui helps, sometimes. A lot of People would really appreciate it if someone could continue this work.

Hompage Lifebinder

Sincerely

Alreia @ Icewatch

I am unsure if this addon is being maintained by anyone at this point. I would suggest looking at Click Box Healer this addon is still being fully maintained and the author is continuing development on it.

Telaran

Sadly Lifebinder is no longer being developed. I found the lack of buff icons and duration means clickboxhealer isn't an acceptable substitute, I tend to use Lifebinder to keep track of soothing stream and HoT's, and a fading coloured box just isn't the same as a timer counting down over the in-game buff icon.
    I've not had any issues with the latest (end of april) version of Lifebinder aside from the boring performance issue reports, so I'm not sure why yours is crashing. I'm sure it will suffer from some breaking change in the API at some point, but so far it's withstood quite a few updates.

I would also love to either see someone else take it on (my own abilities are limited, I might manage to keep it going enough for my own uses but there's no way I'd go public ), or see what keeps me using an abandoned addon added to one of the other healer addons.

Edit - it looks like Merehealingframes has what I'm after, and it is being developed, I only downloaded it this morning so haven't checked it out in-game, and as Lifebinder still works for me I'm not in a rush to either, but it may well be worth a look if clickboxhealer doesn't fit your requirements Alreia.
    Last edited by EU Yell; 07-05-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Telaran

Buff icons and durations are in the current release for CBH. Well, unless you actually want to see the real buff icon, not just a user-customized colored square - we might look into adding that as an option, but in general are going for a cleaner, more "Grid-like" look.

Quote Originally Posted by EU Yell View Post
    Sadly Lifebinder is no longer being developed. I found the lack of buff icons and duration means clickboxhealer isn't an acceptable substitute, I tend to use Lifebinder to keep track of soothing stream and HoT's, and a fading coloured box just isn't the same as a timer counting down over the in-game buff icon.
    I've not had any issues with the latest (end of april) version of Lifebinder aside from the boring performance issue reports, so I'm not sure why yours is crashing. I'm sure it will suffer from some breaking change in the API at some point, but so far it's withstood quite a few updates.

I would also love to either see someone else take it on (my own abilities are limited, I might manage to keep it going enough for my own uses but there's no way I'd go public ), or see what keeps me using an abandoned addon added to one of the other healer addons.

Edit - it looks like Merehealingframes has what I'm after, and it is being developed, I only downloaded it this morning so haven't checked it out in-game, and as Lifebinder still works for me I'm not in a rush to either, but it may well be worth a look if clickboxhealer doesn't fit your requirements Alreia.

Telaran

Well, Mere was close, once I'd adjusted some colours, but the buff duration and count text was smaller than I'm used to with lifebinder, guess I could have a tinker and change this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toludin
    Well, unless you actually want to see the real buff icon
    Ah, now you see, that's what I like with Lifebinder, I may be in the minority on this, so that's fine. Also, your buff duration, is that now showing numbers? - I'm unable to run ClickBoxHealer at the moment due to the error below, the thing I like with Lifebinder is the large numbers showing count and seconds remaining, even I can't go wrong with that
    You have your priorities building ClickBoxHealer, currently I'm happy with Lifebinder, at some point that will break beyond my ability so I'll take what I can at that stage, but I do keep watching what you guys are doing, if you manage to fit in what I consider most important then that'll be great, if not, tough luck on my part, perhaps I should learn to code myself;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rift
    Error: Incorrect function usage.
    Parameters: (userdata: ), 56
    Parameter types: userdata, number
    Function documentation:
    Changes the current position of the slider.
    RiftSlider:SetPosition(position) -- number
    Parameters:
    position: The new position of this slider. Must be within the current range.
    In ClickBoxHealer / UnitAvailCheck, event Event.Unit.Available
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'SetPosition'
    LibSimpleWidgets/slider.lua:58: in function 'SetPosition'
    ClickBoxHealer/config/optionWindow2Frames.lua:73: in function 'cbhCrOptFrames'
    ClickBoxHealer/config/optionWindow.lua:25: in function 'cbhCreateOptions'
    ClickBoxHealer/core/main.lua:875: in function <ClickBoxHealer/core/main.lua:868>

Telaran

Currently we don't show a timer countdown, though it's definitely something I'd like to add in the future. As you mentioned, there are differing priorities between Lifebinder and CBH - I find the double numbers for stacks and countdown very confusing, so I'm trying to decide how to do numerical tracking while also maintaining stack functionality.

Currently, we have a few options for hot durations - you can fade out the icon as the duration expires or have it start flashing the icon under 5 seconds, and you can also (in addition to those choices) choose to use a "safe color" for all icons, and then have 2 "warning colors" to change to as the duration gets low.

It definitely sounds like Lifebinder's functionality is more in line with what you want at the moment, but hopefully by the time Lifebinder isn't working for you anymore, our addon can slide in to fill that need.

Regarding your error, this is an odd bug I've seen once in a while. Somehow the table holding the values for the sliders gets a value that the slider can't read back in (even though the number looks fine in the table). Doing a reset (/cbh reset), or manually setting the value of that slider to a value in the range (type /script <code> in-game to do that) will fix it. Looking at the code of the live version, it looks like this would be what you would want to type:

/script cbhTempColorsObj[6].a = 0

Anyway, hopefully I can iron out whatever is causing that shortly, and in the meantime, I hope Lifebinder continues to work for you

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by EU Yell View Post
    Well, Mere was close, once I'd adjusted some colours, but the buff duration and count text was smaller than I'm used to with lifebinder, guess I could have a tinker and change this.
    I need to make that configurable (interally the code handles it being smaller or larger, but exposing more config options means more config UI, and I want to rethink the mess of the config UI)

I've just had a busy couple of months, and not had the time to spend on the addon (but then I've also not had any bug reports in that time, feature requests yes, bugs no).

The text defaults to half the height of the icon.

If you really want to adjust it, then the simple way is bigger icons, if you look in HotIcon.lua, there's some default values at the top:

MereHealingFrames.HotIcon = {
    Name = "HotIcon",
    Height = 20,
    Width = 20,

they're in pixels, and if you make them bigger, you'll get bigger icons and text, note that you might need wider bars to hold all the icons (or just not use the ones that end up falling outside the panel)

I will look at making this configurable on a per layout basis, as a larger size may not work for every layout.

Telaran

Cheers for the responses, thanks for taking the time.

Thanks for the error fix Toludin, will do that and continue to watch how ClickBoxHealer progresses, very slick so far.

And thanks Mere, I was looking for a text size that I could adjust, rather than icon size, so that's saved me looking further, nice and easy. I tend to run Lifebinder on larger than default sizes so increasing the bar size to accomodate may work out.

Both good addons, and I for one appreciate the effort you're putitng in keeping up with game updates adding in improvements, keep going, I'm going to rely on one of them at some point

Telaran

We found the error causing that issue, by the way. Seems to be some sort of floating point math error. I blame Zorba. Thank you for your help in diagnosing it, by the way!

The fix for it will go live with the next release, which should drop early next week.
    Last edited by Toludin; 07-07-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Telaran

Something really missing in other add ons and that rocks in LifeBinder is the possibility to use multiple spells with one click combination. (and of course the multiple hots tracking)

As example, I can use Touch the light + Tidal Surge + Healing invocation with shift+click. I tried with CBH but I didn't manage to get any result.

When trying to add a custom macro for a specific combination, all the other combinations were forced with this macro ....

Is there something new about this?

Else I hope someone will take over the development of LifeBinder, still the best healing add on till now imo.

(Retired) Shaykeyurass - Tabouret TDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5

Addons, like macros, are limited to one spell cast per click, so I don't see how it could be casting multiple spells upon shift-click.

Telaran

I'm not sure exactly how LifeBinder deals with macros, but as Thorarin said, you can only have one cast per "click." You can, however, do what you want with CBH. Set Mouse Left to Custom Macro, and then put in something like this:

cast [shift] ## Touch the Light
    cast [shift] ## Tidal Surge
    cast [shift] ## Healing Invocation
    cast ## WhateverSpellYouWant

If you hit shift+click three times rapidly, you would then cast those three spells, one after the other. I do something similar with mine: I have this set up for Senticar

cast [shift] ## Touch the Light
    cast ## Healing Invocation

So normal click casts my heal - if I hold shift, I'll use TtL first, then cast HI (even if shift is still down, since there's no [nomod] modifier - curse you Zorba!)

Anyway, I hope that works for you, but let me know if you want it to do something else - getting feedback on usability is very helpful, as others are often trying to do things with the addon that we don't even consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaykeyurass View Post
    Something really missing in other add ons and that rocks in LifeBinder is the possibility to use multiple spells with one click combination. (and of course the multiple hots tracking)

As example, I can use Touch the light + Tidal Surge + Healing invocation with shift+click. I tried with CBH but I didn't manage to get any result.

When trying to add a custom macro for a specific combination, all the other combinations were forced with this macro ....

Is there something new about this?

Else I hope someone will take over the development of LifeBinder, still the best healing add on till now imo.

+ Reply to Thread